General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Graphisoft public roadmap - Follow-up conversation

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Community, 

We're excited to have published our roadmap!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please feel free to use this thread for discussion.

Graphisoft Insights announcement: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Graphisoft-public-roadmap/ba-p/375281

Public roadmap on the Graphisoft website.

Thank you.

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

316 REPLIES 316
Barry Kelly

If some of those 'coming soon' items make it into 27, that will be well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

I cannot login with my GSID to register for the event... page just loops when I click on the GSID option. Event page does not recognise when I login to the homepage...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Hi Ling,

Thank you for your report, we adjusted the system in the background and now it seems to work fine. Can you please try again and confirm on your end too?

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Lingwisyer
Guru

I feel like a lot of the Idea Pool items that are titled "Consistency" really should be well beyond the bucket of soup in the back cupboard...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I understand that it should be considered WIP but should that really have to be the case after talking about it for one and a half year? Why does all things implemented by GS seem to be underdeveloped and in need of more work from the get go? Why does development focus continue to feel superficial and marketing driven?

It is certainly a step in the right direction to provide a roadmap but the way it is done does not instil much confidence in the future development of AC.

To exemplify with some very basic UI things that I really can't see why they aren't implemented:

The roadmap is stated to be for four products but looking at it it's not obvious which item belongs to which product. There should be a tag for each product.

The card-view is really hard to overview and means a lot of scrolling. There should be a more condensed view mode.

Search is limited to one development stage. There should be a centralised search with ability to filter for stage.

mija
Enthusiast

Finally, some genuine response from GS. 

I like the layout, especially coming soon sector. I think you should implement voting system, especially on the idea pool so developers can prioritize demands of the users.

I do feel like Archicad is no more ARCHIcad as in architecture, and architecture seems like is not a priority for development even tho mostly architects use archicad. I understand the need for MEP and structural development, but shouldn't your focus mostly be on making it easier for architects and the main client group by solving SO MANY issue/requests/wishes we see daily on this forum?

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro
DGSketcher
Legend

A good start but...

Can you separate out BIMx in the headings? Why? Because the BIMx Devs seem to be making excellent progress with many changes and BIMx is in many ways a separate branch of Archicad like MEP. 

I would also say the same for BIMcloud, which many of us don't use so those feature are of limited interest when reading the Roadmap

Can't say there's much reassurance under the "In Progress" heading which I assume is geared towards AC28/29. It also feels like architecture is going to be playing second fiddle to DDS/Services for the next couple of years despite the steady demand on this forum for fundamental usability and architectural workflow improvements.

Under Research includes some interesting pointers. Is Keynotes really only at research stage? How does AI-assisted Design take a sense of precedence over many of the elements in the ideas pool? 

Dark Mode is still in the Ideas Pool... What! Really. After four years is AC27 still going to continue its delivery of unreadable dialog boxes and generally messy interface on macOS?

Please tell me that after nearly twenty years of asking for Instancing (aka in-place hotlink editing), is it still just an idea? All the development that AC has delivered over the years including the integration of Structural elements and this fundamental function of CAD is still just an idea at Graphisoft?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@DGSketcher wrote:

Please tell me that after nearly twenty years of asking for Instancing (aka in-place hotlink editing), is it still just an idea? All the development that AC has delivered over the years including the integration of Structural elements and this fundamental function of CAD is still just an idea at Graphisoft?

GS's reluctance to adress this is beyond belief. Having a proper generalised multiple instantiable group entity should be a baseline for a modern CAD/BIM application - or as they now like to say "industry standard".

In addition to the above, if you filter the "Coming soon" category with the Architecture option the only real architectural addition related to the design phase and the architectural core workflow

is:

1. The design Options

All the rest are related to import-export, BIMX , GDL, API, Structural, and some imrpovements in the BIM management.

Also in the "In progress" for the Architecture we get 

the compability with macOS, the IFC , the RFA exchange, the MEP calculation and again BIMX.

I am starting to feel more like a MEP Engineer or a programmer.......

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE ON INSTANCING

editing modules in place would almost silver this but that too is just and idea.

Please tell me that after nearly twenty years of asking for Instancing (aka in-place hotlink editing), is it still just an idea?

Good start 🙂

Text and visual information helps a lot :). Also could be good to have "Implemented" tab, so we know what was done. More filtering, voting and commenting options will help to make this thing alive 🙂

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

In the Public Roadmap when using the filtering tags, I see there are more roadmap features for MEP and Structural than there are for Architecture.

If the fee for "Architects" is $975/year for SSA, shouldn't the focus be on developing more tools and features for architects? Why is the focus now outside of our discipline with MEP and Structural?

We need architectural features to drive development. This is ARCHI-CAD. Can someone please explain why the migration to engineering features is dominating the Roadmap?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

I am starting to feel more like a MEP Engineer or a programmer.......

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Please provide me a list of MEP engineers who work in ARCHICAD. They are like unicorns, they exist but no one has seen them. I'd love to find any MEP (US) engineers who work in archicad. Please, I have work ready to go for you.

Here in Germany, I don't know any engineer either who uses Archicad.

In smaller projects we as architects do the planning of the draining...
But with the current state of the MEP-Tool... after trying it for a week I conclude, it's "not possible to use it" therefore.

This topic...

snow_0-1682424421070.png

... is something  that could it make possible.

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

I use the railing tool as a drain pipe. Works quite well!

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

Yes – the so often underestimated railing tool...

... can do, no tool in Archicad can else do... including free helix.

I used it recently to make a waterslide.

I wished this tool would developed to a kind of "snake tool"... that also would allow vertical elements, seamless joining of several elements, "free" ends and the option to work always with percentage for till angle.

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10

Where is the interaction IN the roadmap. How can users comment ON the roadmap items, instead of a general forum here. Each topic in the roadmap needs user interaction for GS to faithfully gauge its need.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

I notice in the Under Research and Idea Pool, many features that have LONG been in ArchiCAD are being considered to be implemented into BIMcloud as opposed to ArchiCAD. Does this mean you will be removing features like Publishing, Hotlinking, Exporting of DWGs and PDFs to BIMcloud, and unless we subscribe to BIMcloud, we will be out of luck?

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx