cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Next phase of subscription transition announced

Richard Doll
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Community Members, 

Following my recent Graphisoft Insights post on the Subscription transition update, we know how important this topic is for you as our clients and anticipate your comments and questions. To streamline communication, we’ve created this thread to gather everything in one place. We’ll also use it to identify topics that may need further clarification, which we’ll address on our FAQ page.

Please note that while we cannot respond to individual questions in the forum, your local representative is available for personalized support.

Best regards,
Richard

Link to Insights article: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Important-update-Next-phase-of-subscription-...

87 REPLIES 87

So much right in this post.

I have not been a customer for a long time - my office is just a few years young and I'm an ArchiCAD user for a blip considering how long some of you have been working with the software. For me, there was a long pause from my student AC7 days to AC25. The rhythm of the updates between those two versions are unknown to me. There are many nice things that I have seen coming from 25 to 26 to 27 to 28. But are they really THAT big? No. (Only exception? Design options. Those mean a lot.)

I would LOVE to see improvement in tools that are specific to a) architects b) in my country / region. I would love to see thing working properly with no effort. For one, composite walls (and other elements) still don't look how I want them to look (thick pen for outline of the wall, no matter which composite it is, excluding finishes, so only encompassing "core" and "other") and workarounds (parallel non-composite walls) are awful to work with, especially with openings. Stray lines everywhere no matter how I set-up hierarchy.

If only we had powerful software which was made FOR ARCHITECTS not only in name.

ArchiCAD 28 | INT - Cro | Forward | WIN 10 / 11

I agree with what you said, also regarding the design options as one of the only major improvements in recent versions. Lets remember - some Archicad tools and solutions have not been touched since version 5 or 6. Some tools, such as Ecodesigner, are simply bought and added as is, without proper development later. Some things are rushed and crippled - like AC28 keynotes.

Also - in almost EVERY situation, the subscription model is just a risky cash grab for owners, no more, no less. It has nothing to do with "development" etc. The only problem for Graphisoft is that customers usually hate it because it's much more expensive and you don't own it. It is a risky move, mainly to please the shareholders. It might work for a game, but not for an expensive program you have already paid for.

And does it work for Autodesk? Hard to say, probably yes, but they're bigger, it's an industry standard, whether we like it or not. Is it good for customers, especially the old ones? Of course not, they don't care. They can do anything if they could just cancel their old normal licences (as you can't activate them). I think we should find out what happened there and how they treat their customers, that is what we will have to deal with.

Subscription means lack of development. Everyone has to pay yearly fee anyway, so why to rob shareholders and spend dividends on programming. Shareholders are the real Nemetschek partners now, not us users.

Ernest Atanasiu
Advisor

For the DE, AUT, CH, LUX market nothing is prepared for this transition, our representative has heard nothing.

arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11