Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Archicad Icon too similar to V27

rickharlan
Contributor

For those of us using multiple versions, or keeping V27 until we trust V28, it would be really nice if the icon was more different than it was for V27. For instance V26 was dark blue background with white slash, and V27 was opposite. Maybe V28 could be red or something. There's a lot to choose from in my icon tray...

rickharlan_1-1720726786884.png

16 REPLIES 16

25-26 & 27-28 really are too similar.

26-27 is perfect.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Having users download and change the icon is not really a solution - anyone doing that is likely to be able to do it already... And I'm not sure about the version number as differentiation with respect to legibility. Where are you putting it - if it is under the arch it wont be large enough. The simple solution would of course be to alternated background and foreground for odd/even as between 26 and 27 which I think will cover the most cases (two active versions).

Sorry @Szilvia Chlumetzky but that just isn't a good answer. Some of us are 60 years old and don't have the best eye sight. Squinting to see if it says 27 or 28 isn't a good solution with all there is to pick from in the icon tray. You could keep your brand identity of a blue swoosh and change the background to just about any color other than white and solve the problem. We can zoom in and out of the workspace window to see that we need to at whatever size, and muscle memory gets us to the tools we need wherever we choose to dock them, but the icons are always too small. I would opt for orange because it is already in your graphics palette.

This is what I do as well. It's a strange workaround, but effective.

scom570
Booster

I think they think we only have one copy of the software - the current one.  For myself I have 5 versions.  What would be nice is to not have to migrate all the time!  Seriously though, if they we able to stomach changing the background colour - even that would help.

Even easier...Copy clip your new logo from your preferred application. Then, go to the Archicad 28.app . Right click (or command + i) and "Get Info". Click on the icon in the upper left corner of the Info dialog box and hit command + v.

Logo.png

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max 64GB ram
OS X 13.6.7
AC28 - AC6.5

images.jpeg

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max 64GB ram
OS X 13.6.7
AC28 - AC6.5

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!