Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Label Frame Shapes

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi All,

To help support Keynote workflows, we have introduced new Label frame shapes to the Text/Autotext based label. These shapes include Circle, Rounded Rectangle and Pill - along with the existing Rectangle. All frame shapes can be set to fit text, or have a fixed size, with settings stored in Favourites.

Along with these improvements, Favourites and pickup/inject now stores custom formatting (ie various fonts, text colours and sizes) within Labels.

For more information:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Improved-Text-Label-options/ta-p/6...

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
14 REPLIES 14
Eric B
Enthusiast

For us it would be the Hexagon but we would like the option to change the background colour of it as well

AC6 till current
PC and Mac

Hi @Eric B changing the background colour is right here. Or do you mean something else?

AC28 TP Label shapes Background.png

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Karel Landa
Enthusiast

I agree with that the basic label should have more options to choose from other shapes. I Imagine it could be more like in vector graphic softwares (eg. Affinity Designer) where you can select a shape (star) and then define, how many points it have.

For this there should also be a setting, where we could change some parameters.
At the moment, Rounded rectangle shape will change the radius of the corner based only on font size. I can see many situations where I want some shape as a text background and this could help a lot to reduce number of elements in the project (instead of having fill as a background and text on it we could have only text).

I agree on the need to create any shape. I've just now been struggling with creating my own window tag. Graphisoft shouldn't be defining the shapes for the different tag types. We should be.

Hi @rickharlan 

Can you share here what shape you were trying to make for your window tag? Thanks.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!