cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

Upgrading to new Global Library on AC28, process

iggiv
Enthusiast

Team:

I hope this can help someone as it did to me. I like to share my process of upgrading the AC27 and previous library elements to the new “GLOBAL LIBRARY”. Still, migration libraries need to be loaded for “TEXTURE”.

Having the spare time to fix my template, I created a “VISUAL FAVORITES” file with all of the personal design elements (2D and 3D), viewpoints, documentation, ductwork, pipework, and cabling. This became a hefty file, but not in size—about 450 MB. The objective was to reset all of the settings and attributes to my setting, instead using the “Graphic Overwrite Combinations”. Properties can be easily filled in the “Schedule” as well as the “Classification and Properties”.

I took the challenge of starting the migration to the “GLOBAL LIBRARY” as I had some spare time. I had over 3,000 elements in the file where 2/3 were repetitive in the “Save Hotline as Module Files”. The created file was set in drawing areas, where tool elements were on one side while module areas were in a separate area. The objective was to see easily and change any new settings that were missing or required to be added, updated, or removed.

1. After opening the settings window of each element from the previous version.

2. Filter or select the equivalent element in AC28. (Example: “Picture 27” to “Picture”

3. TRANSFER the parameters in the “SETTINGS WINDOW” to the new AC28 element (COMMAND+Option+click element on Mac).

4. Close the “SETTINGS WINDOW.”

5. Voilà! I wish I need this was possible before

To confirm there are no other AC27 elements, a “FIND and SELECT” search criteria by using “ELEMENT TYPE SET TO ALL” and “NAME” set to “Contain” the version of AC, example “(*) 27” where (*)=Space.

A schedule can also be used for the same purpose. Special attention is needed if multiple elements are selected and where the origin location could be affected by some of the new elements. Also, if they have the same name but do not share all of the information, for example, “People Bitmap” where there is a “Custom Picture Name”, it is not the same.

This process was not with issues. Here are some of the problems I found.

Missing folder or library: The following elements are missing in the AC28 version:

•06 Wood and Plastic 27 > 06 17 00 Shop-Fabricated Structure Wood 27 > Web Joist

•00 General 27 > Detail Library 27 > Various folders like Metal Sections 27, Details Template, Metal Sections, Web Joists

•23 HVAC 27 > 23 37 13 Diffusers, Registers, and Grilles 27

•Missing Stack Washer and Dryer 27

•Library Part Maker.Libpack is missing information in the library manager

•MEP library missing

Bugs: These are some of the beliefs that are bugs. Not a major deal, but transferring attributes does not work for the:

•Shower Door 27

•Basin 27

•Basketball Court 27

•Tennis Court 27

•Elevator 27

•Structural elements of stairs (Flight, beam, railing, etc.) need to be changed manually

•The origin hot link does not work on Pools 27

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

I have finally doe the upgrading of the element in AC28, it was a tedious process but I finally got it done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

I have finally doe the upgrading of the element in AC28, it was a tedious process but I finally got it done.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!