Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC15 Hotfix-Probs w/Views, Louver Identifier Leader Arrow...

DennisG
Participant
Today I installed the latest AC 15 Hotfix and discovered the following problems:

1. Views no longer zooming to "Current Zoom".

2. Louver Identifier Leader Arrow not working like before - now the arrow starts in the middle of the diamond shape, and shoots out from there.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
7 REPLIES 7
DennisG
Participant
I'm using Louver Identifier_NCS 15.

When I open the Default Settings box, the Custom Settings and Text Label selections are greyed out.

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
DennisG
Participant
Am I the only guy on the planet with this problem, or is the fix so obvious nobody wants to waste time explaining it?

I've got a bunch of key notes ready to be distributed throughout the plans, but no way of deploying them yet.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dennis:

I am seeing the same thing: the Custom Settings and Text Label selections are greyed out. But this is also the case with the Louver Identifier_NCS 14 in AC 14. The Text Label only becomes active for the top Text options (Text, ID, Unique ID) and the Custom Settings for the Wall Label 15 (this label has an Interface Script, the Louver Identifier_NCS does not). So you may want to look at using a different label.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
DennisG
Participant
David wrote:
Dennis:

I am seeing the same thing: the Custom Settings and Text Label selections are greyed out. But this is also the case with the Louver Identifier_NCS 14 in AC 14. The Text Label only becomes active for the top Text options (Text, ID, Unique ID) and the Custom Settings for the Wall Label 15 (this label has an Interface Script, the Louver Identifier_NCS does not). So you may want to look at using a different label.

David
Thanks for your reply, David.

I have tried all available Labels, and they all have the same problem - the leader arrow is at the WRONG end of the leader - pointing into the Label, instead of pointing at the object being labelled.

I've tried toggling "Use symbol color", "Use symbol arrow" and many other possible switches - nothing.

I spent some time with both the Wall Label 15 and Label Window Marker 15, Label Door Marker 15 - and played with "Opposite Side" "Extension Line Length", "Opposite Side", etc. - and am still unable to achieve a simple key note that points to an object.

Are key notes not used anymore? Is there a key note object that everyone uses that I'm not aware of?

Some help would be appreciated, folks.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dennis:

I don't see any leader or arrows with these labels, have you tried the Text or ID labels? Posting some images of the labels and their dialog box may help.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
In my opinion, GS has alway OVERCOMPLICATED the KeyNote Label idea. I have relegated myself to use a simple TEXT label with a bounding box... I used use hexagons or circles, but quite frankly, it's just not worth the effort. Not to mention that I can just TYPE right their on screen and not have dig into the parameters to change the keynote number.

I am unclear if the one you are using is SIMPLE DUMB TEXT or if the keynote is DERIVED from the object as an AUTO LABEL...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Case in point
Trying wrote:
If GLOB_CONTEXT=1 Then
label_font_name="Arial"
LABEL_TEXT_SIZE=2.5
LABEL_FONT_STYLE=0
LABEL_TEXT_PEN=3
EndIf

define style "textstyle" label_font_name, label_text_size, 5, label_font_style
set style "textstyle"

!add2 LABEL_POSITION[2][1]+LABEL_POSITION[3][1]+SYMB_A_SIZE/2,LABEL_POSITION[2][2]+LABEL_POSITION[3][2]+SYMB_B_SIZE/2
IF you REMARK out the location adjustment as shown above (add the "!" at the beginning of the line) the arrow does what it's supposed to..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop