Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC9 conflict with NAV2004/2005

Anonymous
Not applicable
If Norton AntiVirus 2k4 or 2k5 on WinXP Pro/SP2 enabled, then AC9 works dramatically slow, especially on start up & in 3d window. FAST HANGS!

Is this a known problem, or?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use NAV 05.. no issues here..
gerd
Newcomer
I used nav with archicad 7.0.
usually it works with a real time savety and checks all files while they are saved or read. same with the temporary files for 3d view.
it is possible to switch off the real time savety by right klick on the icon near the windows clock.

at the moment I use kaspersky. it works also with real time savety but seems to be much faster.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gerd wrote:
it is possible to switch off the real time savety by right klick on the icon near the windows clock.

at the moment I use kaspersky. it works also with real time savety but seems to be much faster.
Thank's Gerd,
yes I know this and I'm always disable auto-protect for NAV when working with AC(or just when inet is off-line).
Have you installed latest version of Kaspersky on your machine and?
I have never used Kaspersky and don't know if this AVP has conflicts with other programs, not with GS products(messengers, Outlook express, SP2, etc.)?
gerd
Newcomer
hi again,

I use kaspersky personal 5.0 with win2k.
(see here: http://www.kaspersky.com)
As far as I can assess, I think it causes no problems with other software like browsers, outlook express, or different programs with internet access.
The only problem is after a complete scan of the computer it gets very slow, but with a restart this is solved.

I think its worth to try it.
best regards, g
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked today what type of files scans my NAV. And there were no: .pln, .pla, .T, .TMP, .plp, .dmp, ...
In AC9 Autosave folder I have found only with .inf extension file that NAV scans.
So the question is if AC works slow while NAV scans anything(when auto=scan option is on) than what type of files it scans?
gerd
Newcomer
there are some furter tools inside antivirus software to provide your computer from viruses. as far as I know, every reading access to the hard disc will be checked from antivirus software, and not everything will be switched off, when you unckeck the autoprotection. the last yers I also used norton av., but it slowed down my computer so much, even with deactivated autoprotection.
with kaspersky (active real time protection) it is definatly faster than with norton and inactive autoprotection.

I had also heard from some other archicad users who had problems with network access (saving the pln somewhere in the network) and norton-av. some of them told, they lost data...

best regards, gerd