Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 20 extremely slow in 2d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone shed light on why Archicad would be so slow in 2d drafting. everything is lagging . Have to click several times to select objects. moving and panning very slow. I'd appreciate any feed back.

Archicad 20 lates build, MacOS x Sierra, MacBook pro 2016
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:
I've found the solution to this issue. Turn on hardware acceleration for 2D. And turn off background updating. Both settings you can find in Work Environment.

I am very happy, this was driving me crazy and doing this fixed everything. Thank you.
alemanda
Advocate
I'm facing slowdown with AC 21 but the latest suggestions didn't change my life, unfortunately.

AC 12 was really a BEAST, Superfast!
All my troubles in speed started with AC 15, I think after they introduced transparency in the selection but I cannot say it was the cause of the slowdown even though most of the lost speed was in the selection of items ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For over a year I've been happily working in ArchiCAD20, without any noticeable delays in 2D or 3D.

Recently I've started having problems with the 3D preview 'thumbnails' (objects, windows, doors, favourites) where they generate really slow (like a few seconds). This is mostly annoying when picking a favourite from a long list waiting for the thumbs to generate.

I've been in touch with reseller and sent some diagnostic files to Graphisoft, they are looking into it.

But until recently, I would have said ArchiCAD20 is very solid on windows 10 and my workstation is a good 5+ years old at this point.

The update cycle from 18 to 19 to 20 has been painless too, so I have no old projects that I am currently running on anything else than 20.

Still haven't dived into 21 yet.

Looking back: ArchiCAD15 was damn solid, but 16 too after it received some updates and 16 gives you morphs, which in terms of modelling tools brings you close to what we have today.

17 gave me no issues either, which would mean that at least they're working with building materials.

18 means you have cinerender and also is very easy to upgrade to 20, if you would want to.

Going to 21 means dealing with no stairmaker, so personally I would not migrate a running project, since 20 is pretty solid (at least until recently for me).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok guys,
had same problems. tried all written above, nothing helped

but then i tried THIS:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/setup/preferences-cleaning/

and miraculously is helped!