Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

DO NOT INSTALL JAVA UPDATE 3 ON MAC

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have found that installing the latest "Java for Mac OSX 10.6 Update 3" (this one) causes numerous problems for ArchiCAD:

- In ArchiCAD 13, you will not be able to save/publish to PDF format anymore
- You will not be able to submit crash reports anymore (both on 13 and 14)

If you have not installed this update yet, please do not. We are working on finding a solution in case you already did.

I'll keep you posted on this problem
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
30 REPLIES 30
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If the Hotfix can not automatically find ArchiCAD on your system, and "browsing" for it does not help either, you might need to re-install your ArchiCAD. Probably the installation registration information is broken, which might happen if you rename the installation folder after the install. So the steps are:

-Uninstall ArchiCAD
-Reinstall
-Apply Hotfix3269
-Apply Java Patch
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
dear gkmethy

I replaced the JackX folder a month or two ago as AC was crashing when publishing and have been able to PDF etc. well since then. All was going okay until a few days ago when my AC 12 crashed after a few commands either by freezing &/or saying the protection key cannot be found (or some such thing). I cannot work at all and am desperate to get some work out. I have tried inserting the key in a different USB slot but nothing helps. On small files i can maybe do about 5-10 commands and save and PDF in this way, but on large files I cannot even finish one command before I have to force quit.

Should I replace the old/archived JackX folder? But then what would I do to PDF?

Problems abound! pls help.

Thanks
Moji
Anonymous
Not applicable
also, gkmethy

what about reinstalling the WibuKey driver - maybe that will fix this new problem?

moji
Thomas Holm
Booster
Dear Moji,

yesterday I got an email about a PM from you, regarding this issue. Logging in I couldn't find the PM.

I have had no problems at all after installing the JackX fix for several Archicad versions.

I would guess that your protection key issue is a hardware problem, completely unrelated to the PDF/JackX issue.

If your own suggestion of reinstalling the WIBU software or placing the WIBU key in a different USB port doesn't work, the only solution would be to get the WIBU key replaced. I suggest you contact your reseller in this matter.

Best regards
Thomas.

Moji wrote:
dear gkmethy

I replaced the JackX folder a month or two ago as AC was crashing when publishing and have been able to PDF etc. well since then. All was going okay until a few days ago when my AC 12 crashed after a few commands either by freezing &/or saying the protection key cannot be found (or some such thing). I cannot work at all and am desperate to get some work out. I have tried inserting the key in a different USB slot but nothing helps. On small files i can maybe do about 5-10 commands and save and PDF in this way, but on large files I cannot even finish one command before I have to force quit.

Should I replace the old/archived JackX folder? But then what would I do to PDF?

Problems abound! pls help.

Thanks
Moji
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Thomas

Thank you so much for your response (and for not being irritated about sending you a private message - others were not so cool).

Anyway, what I did was reinstalled the WIBU software and all is up and running...phew!

Thanks again Thomas.
Regards
Moji
Karl Ottenstein
Moji wrote:
...and for not being irritated about sending you a private message - others were not so cool)...
I didn't get a PM, but would have just ignored it if so. Making a public response because this PM business is happening all too often...

Please note: sending multiple PM's to various people on the forum for whatever reason - you did not get an answer and you want one "now", you do not want to post a message on the forum so want a "private" answer, etc. -. is unacceptable use of the forum.

The PM function is there for private communication after a public contact is made in the forums, or to make a specific contact with one individual. Anything else, particularly multi-PM, is spam.

If you or anyone NEEDS an answer right away, you are in the wrong place. Contact your local Graphisoft technical support.

Cheers,
Karl wearing co-moderator hat
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Noted, and apologies to all.
Regards
Moji
Aussie John
Newcomer
kenanuz wrote:
is there nobody who is able to help ?
Maybe you have moved the application from its default location?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Moji wrote:
...and for not being irritated about sending you a private message - others were not so cool)...
I didn't get a PM, but would have just ignored it if so. Making a public response because this PM business is happening all too often...

Please note: sending multiple PM's to various people on the forum for whatever reason - you did not get an answer and you want one "now", you do not want to post a message on the forum so want a "private" answer, etc. -. is unacceptable use of the forum.

The PM function is there for private communication after a public contact is made in the forums, or to make a specific contact with one individual. Anything else, particularly multi-PM, is spam.

If you or anyone NEEDS an answer right away, you are in the wrong place. Contact your local Graphisoft technical support.

Cheers,
Karl wearing co-moderator hat
As one of the more prolific posters I too get a few support requests now and then via PM. I usually reply that they should post in the open forum.

My rule about PMing is that the message should be of interest to the recipient and not just for the benefit of the sender.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
My rule about PMing is that the message should be of interest to the recipient and not just for the benefit of the sender.

Matthew

Thank you for your thoughts on PMing. Someone else told me a few days ago that you should not send a PM without being invited to do so. Otherwise, I guess it's like having a colleague (you've never met) show up at your home uninvited asking for help on a project...

In my own defence, my (3) PMs questioned using the PM button and apologized at the outset. I expected the same tone in any responses and most were in fact very gracious.

I have been helped many times by the people in this forum and am very grateful for it.