Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Errors Occurred Message

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad 14, I am getting a lot of error messages for Elevations and Sections that says, "Errors occurred during the last operation". When this happens, the Elevations and Sections no longer work: the zoom goes crazy, I can't select anything in them, and I end up losing EVERYTHING that was placed in them - text, lines, etc. I end up having to delete the Elevs and/or Sections and rebuild them from scratch. This is a HUGE waste of time, and I never had it happen in any other Archicad version: 8,9,11 or 13.
9 REPLIES 9
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
How many projects has this happened on? New 14 projects or older ones migrated to 14? If multiple projects what commonalities do they share that may be unique to your work (non-standard objects etc.)? Any add-ons? Latest build? etc...
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's happening to me too with AC18. Project was migrated from AC16. Other projects have no issues so far! Any solution found yet?
Barry Kelly
As mentioned in another post ... http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15972&start=20

Try viewing the model in 3D (with the same layers as your elevation) to see if there are any error messages there.
If not then the problem is with the elevation itself.
If there are errors then it will be a 3D element problem.

If the error is only in the elevation I would turn all layers off and see if the error is still there.

If yes then it would seem to be a bad elevation - can't think why that would be though.
You could try moving, stretching the elevation markers or changing parameters in the elevation settings.
If that doesn't work then you may need to delete and re-create the elevation.

If no then turn the layers on one by one (in particular the ones for 2D annotation (seeing as there were no errors in 3D) and see what happens.

If a new elevation works then sometimes it can be quicker to bite the bullet and place a new one, delete the old one and re-link to any layout drawings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting this issue in AC18 too. Not sure if it is a bug, as creating a new elevation fixes the issue.
Just hope it stays fixed!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
This has cropped up with a colleague in AC16. She is getting the "Errors occurred during the last operation" message, and sections / elevations will not Rebuild or Rebuild from Model after this message appears. It happened yesterday with one section (while others were still working) and after creating a new section to replace the dead one, had the same problem with another section. Today ALL elevations are giving the same message / result.

Some interesting happenings:
- There is a roof plane visible in section / elevation, that does not give the option to change its renovation status when selected. I was wondering if this roof could be the cause of the problems, but when deleted from Plan view, error message still appears, and no rebuild of section / elevation is possible. This roof started life as a polygon roof, and was split into single plane roof elements (only two planes).
- When the roof is selected in Section or Elevation, the selection nodes are grey (not black, and not showing that they are grouped.
- Have created new sections to replace two that were giving error messages (and updating subsequent views on layouts) - these sections seems to still be working o.k.
- Buildings in this project are very slightly out of alignment with each other (existing buildings). Was wondering if these slight angles might cause problems.
- No error messages occur in 3D window
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this been resolve? I've been getting this message on some of my Interior Elevations, its getting tiresome to re build them from scratch. Help please? And no, its not a layer or 3D error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Carlos wrote:
Has this been resolve? I've been getting this message on some of my Interior Elevations, its getting tiresome to re build them from scratch. Help please? And no, its not a layer or 3D error.
Have you tried closing your file / AC down and restarting? My colleague did this (she was leaving the file open over night for days at a time) and the problem seemed to go away. I wonder if it was some sort of memory issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was indeed the fact that my file has been ope for several days, once I restarted the computed IE worked just fine.

Thanks for the Info s2art
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to know its all working again, and that we have found a common denominator. I wonder if someone who knows why this happens could step in and explain further?