Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Glazing transparancy in section window

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I am stumped. When projecting a section/elevation, is there a way to prevent elements beyond the glass of a window from appearing in the window? Please see attached.
Thanks,
Scott

Temp-Seciton.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the 3D window settings, set "Transparency in Shading" to OFF
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and remember to redefine your view.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
You guys are geniuses! A little bit of an odd place for that setting though; a 2D window affected from a 3D image setting. Thank you so much again.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
A little bit of an odd place for that setting though
No-one said it was supposed to make sense.

I just had a case where I had merrily set up 12 elevations (3 ele's of 4 options), saved the views, discovered trnasparency was on, I had to go to each saved view, change the 3D window settings to "transparency - off", close the 3D window, redefine the view, do the next one. It would make more sense to me for the transparency setting to be in the Section / Elevation marker, as is vectorial hatching and shadows.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Stewart Rose wrote:
It would make more sense to me for the transparency setting to be in the Section / Elevation marker, as is vectorial hatching and shadows.
Agreed for section/elevations. But I'm not so sure one would even need transparency in the S/E window, I never have. To me the S/E's are typically more for construction document drawings where you don't need to see what is beyond the window, only that there is a window. transparency is fine and good for the 3D imaging stuff.

You also brought up another point; when one changes the 3D settings, the 3D window always opens generating an unwanted image/waste of time. Do you know of a way to suspend that action?

Thanks again Stewart
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought there was a way to suspend the 3D window from opening, had a (quick) look but couldn't find it. Maybe it was removed in AC9?

Cheers

Stuart (with a U)

(...or a 2)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott wrote:
You also brought up another point; when one changes the 3D settings, the 3D window always opens generating an unwanted image/waste of time. Do you know of a way to suspend that action?
Scott:

Go to Options>Work Environment>User Preference Schemes>Imaging and Calculation>3D Window Rebuild Controls. After changing this, remember to Redefine your scheme to make the change part of your Work Environment.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Scott Bulmer
Booster
David Maudlin wrote:
Go to Options>Work Environment>User Preference Schemes>Imaging and Calculation>3D Window Rebuild Controls. After changing this, remember to Redefine your scheme to make the change part of your Work Environment.
David,
That works great, however AC needs to be restarted for the change to take affect and/or work properly.
Thanks so much,
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
David Maudlin wrote:
David,
That works great, however AC needs to be restarted for the change to take affect and/or work properly.
Thanks so much,
Scott
There shouldn't be any need to restart ArchiCAD. You do need to apply the settings when you make changes to the Work Environment.