Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Gone to 'basic' mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem I have is Archicad seems to have gone into a 'basic' mode. The materials list is about half the size, I can't set the thickness of a slab, mesh with grass looks like dotted lines, there are other problems and all of them seem to be a scaled down version of what I have been using. Any ideas???
Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Delete the following folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Graphisoft
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Graphisoft
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft

Before doing so make sure to export your Work Environment (it is located within one of the above folders) because you will need it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
rslt wrote:
...options, like not being able to set the slab thickness...
You probably have the cut fill set as a composite. This automatically sets the thickness. Try setting it to a plain vectorial fill and the thickness option will come back.

By the way, are the missing materials your own custom materials or default ArchiCAD ones?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I deleted the files but sadly no luck.
The materials missing are Archicads, most of the bricks, all the colorobnd colours. . . . not sure exactly what else.
Solution I have come up with is to use a previous drawing that still has all the materials and settings, delete any work and start fresh within the original document. Hope that makes sense and it has worked well.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The materials missing are Archicads, most of the bricks, all the colorobnd colours.
Have you tried referencing your "good" file through Attribute Manager? If not, you can access it from Options>Element Attributes>Attribute Manager. The various tabs shown across the top are different categories of attributes, such as fill types and materials, for the project. The actual attributes in your currently open project are displayed in the left side window. If you want to import different (or better) attributes from another project, click the "Open" button and select the .pln file of the project that you're using for your workaround. Open it and hit "apply" and all that stuff, and it should replace the currently crummy attributes with the better ones from your other project.
You probably have the cut fill set as a composite. This automatically sets the thickness. Try setting it to a plain vectorial fill and the thickness option will come back.
He's right about this--it can be convenient or a hindrance, either way, it's important to check this setting if you use composites for slabs.

let me know if that repairs the problem

Zolli
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glory be, it has worked.
With the slab it was the cut fill setting.

Again, I thank everyone who has given their time and advice.