BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphics issues that happen on AC 27 in Mac

Narska
Advocate

Does anyone know when the graphics issues that happen on AC 27 in Mac plan to be resolved? I had been part of beta testing about eight months ago now when these issues first came up...

I got a message from Graphisoft a month ago asking if I wanted to be part of a hotfix trial. YES. But alas, it was a tease; they never got back to me.

Hopefully, I'll be able to use AC 27 sometime before the launch of 28.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
15 REPLIES 15

@Romans , I agree that this is a huge failure for Graphisoft and makes me lose faith in them. I started using AC because of their native Mac version. 

I had been a huge fanboy and always liked to try all the new features as they came out, and I pay the subscription to do just that. So it's super painful having the new version be unusable.

What really set me off was getting the email invite to the building together event with all these great new features they are going to talk about, while my firm is now months into not being able to upgrade.

Also, yes my M1 gets the issue. It took me about 2 or 3 days of modeling within a certain file before the issue started and then would happen on the regular.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Yes, we have also been fans and supporters from the beginning, but such incredible problems since some releases - it makes us worry and doubtful about the faith of the software.

Until that day, there is no serious alternative on the Mac (BIM app). And GS is well aware of it. That might be the reason they are not in a hurry to fix it.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
Narska
Advocate

Here is an update everyone will enjoy.

I finally got help, and Graphisoft sent me a hotfix to install. We validated it, and everything was working! I started migrating my projects to AC27...

This Monday, AC 27 won't open.... the hotfix had an expiration!!!!! Graphisoft says thanks for the help now use AC 26 until the FEBRUARY update. WTF

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
DGSketcher
Legend

They have absolutely no idea how much their reputation is collapsing with these bugs. I'm on Sonama 14.1.1, where AC26 is unstable, their latest fix created a fail to launch condition and has still not been patched. AC27 MEP is not fit for purpose but I need to try and use it to do what I offered to my client. The MEP data isn't interchangeable withAC26. And now this graphics fix might turn up in February. Way to go Graphisoft.

Apart from the half cocked Design Options, what we were promised in AC27 hasn't arrived, large chunks of it don't work and other bits got downgraded to experimental, an intermediate attempt to distract with AI Visualisation has also proved a farce. 

AC28 should be a free update for everyone. 😠

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Narska
Advocate

Yes, I agree, we have had and continue to have major problems with AC27. Don't update your system software for 6 months can not be an operating procedure.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Hi Tomasz,

I went through the same process and also got this email from GS.

Now it is crystal clear that the Intel-Mac users will be left behind. The ARM train just left the station.

Workaround for your situation: install the 27.1. update and Archicad will run. At least this works for us here.

Of course, this means also that the window freeze bug will return (the validated 27.0.1 hotfix is not included).

What a shame!

Cheers

Roman

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
Learn and get certified!