cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Items greyed out in Renovation Palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Relatively new to Archicad, and working in V21. But not a total beginner. For no reason that I can think off my model has started behaving really weirdly, and I can't get any work done. First I noticed that doors and windows were "greyed out" in the renovation filter, so couldn't be changed. The i decided to draw the walls again from scratch to see if that would clear the problem, but now my walls don't stay when I draw them. I draw the line but when I click to close the operation the wall just disappears.
23 REPLIES 23
Eduardo Rolon
This is starting to look like there is something basic that you have done which you are not aware of and it is causing the problem.
Items to troubleshoot:
- Open a New file using "launch a new instance" and using one of the basic templates so that you have 2 AC copies running concurrently.
- Select wall on first file and copy paste it to the second one
-----
If the window shows correctly in the new file then it looks like you have modeled something wrong in the First one.

In this case possible causes beyond assigning the wrong Reno Filter is that you have one wall on top of the other.

If the wall copies without a window to the new file then that means that the window is not within the correct wall and the other wall is covering it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I think I may have been unclear. You should draw it as you are going to build it. What you show in your last illustration looks like you have two walls occupying the same physical space. What I meant before by drawing a new wall with the insulation was to draw a new thinner wall on the interior face of the existing wall. (There would not be masonry in this wall, just the new insulation layers.) The new wall would have an empty opening at the locations of the existing windows and you would apply new trim to this. (You only do this once and copy it.) It's more work, of course, but you simply can't put existing windows in a new wall if you are using the renovation filters.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
This is just a guess but maybe you have 2 walls in the same place?
The window belongs to one wall only so it will not cut the second wall.
Stretching one of the walls to where there is no second wall will allow you to add windows as you have done.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to you all. I believe that the "2 walls in one space" must be the issue. I haven't had time to test this yet, but will do today.
And thanks also Richard for the window trim notes. If that's the only way.....then ok.....but I can't help feeling that there should be a more straightforward solution in a programme as sophisticated as Archicad.