BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Project repeatedly becoming corrupted

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I'm hoping you've all had your coffee this morning as I've got a bit of a problem and I'm not sure what I can do about it...

The project has been ongoing for several months as a shared/teamwork project worked on locally by 3 or 4 people. The project size as a PLN is around 230MB. Until last week it was working fine, but the automatic backup failed to run on Friday (17th) and when trying to open the project on Saturday (18th) ArchiCAD said the project was corrupted, tried to repair it, failed, and eventually won't open the project at all. We have backups going back over the last week so I restored one of those, set it up as a shared project again but after a few house of work (2D, layouts mainly), the same thing happened again.

I tried working on it on another machine, as a solo project, and the corruption happened twice more, so I'm looking for advice as to what I can try next. As it stands I can open the project, it seems to work fine, open and repair says there's nothing wrong but after a few house of work, it crashes and can't be re-opened. The crash generally occurs when we try to save the project, of course.....

I have saved a bunch of RPT files from the graphisoft bug reporter and they have lots of errors like these:

<reporterror>ODB assertion failed at /Volumes/LaCie/VMWD/Build/Sources/ObjectDatabase/ObjectDatabaseDll/IndexQuery/ODBTypeIndex.cpp 109</reporterror>

error code: -2130575345 description: isolated state read error on VirtSy 9F0F1F3F-6AB4-A2C9-18F8-C332A38989D3</reporterror>ase/ObjectDatabaseDll/DifferenceManagement/ODBDifferenceMerge.cpp 718

</reporterror>/LaCie/VMWD/Build/Sources/ACPM/ArchiCAD/ACPProject/ACPTWProcessHandlerImp.cpp, line: 4704.E, err = -2130575345, severity: Error,

<reporterror>ODB: logic error encountered</reporterror>

<reporterror>OSUtil::TerminateProgram called (A load operation failed in FileDatabase) ! - /Volumes/LaCie/VMWD/Build/Sources/ACPM/ArchiCAD/ACPProject/ACPDatabaseErrorHandler.cpp(143)</reporterror>

links:    </reporterror>ctModificationNotificationForRingsame Idon failed at /Volumes/LaCie/VMWD/Build/Sources/ObjectDatabase/ObjectDatabaseDll/ODBIdSpace.cpp 735

error code: 13</reporterror>].rpt:<reporterror>ODB assertion failed at /Volumes/LaCie/VMWD/Build/Sources/ObjectDatabase/ObjectDatabaseDll/RandomObjectFile/ODBRandomObjectFile.cpp 3565
Seems like there's some corruption going on in the file's internal database? I don't really know, but I hope someone does!

SO, does anyone have any cunning suggestions as to what the problem could be, how I can identify it, fix it, or transfer the project to a fresh file?

We use ArchiCAD 20 5025 mainly on Macs (10.11) but with one Windows 10 machine.
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Kieran wrote:
As it stands I can open the project, it seems to work fine, open and repair says there's nothing wrong but after a few house of work, it crashes and can't be re-opened. The crash generally occurs when we try to save the project, of course.....
Could this issue with a Win 10 security update be related?

Otherwise, is there any hardware that is common to all the crashes, e.g. a common server? If so, try working apart from that hardware and see if the crash occurs again. RAM or storage failures are common culprits for corruption and crashing, so I'd try to eliminate that possibility first.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Kieran wrote:
As it stands I can open the project, it seems to work fine, open and repair says there's nothing wrong but after a few house of work, it crashes and can't be re-opened. The crash generally occurs when we try to save the project, of course.....
Could this issue with a Win 10 security update be related?
Strangely it hasn't crashed on the windows machine, only on Macs. I've uninstalled that update as a precaution, thanks.
Ralph wrote:
Otherwise, is there any hardware that is common to all the crashes, e.g. a common server? If so, try working apart from that hardware and see if the crash occurs again. RAM or storage failures are common culprits for corruption and crashing, so I'd try to eliminate that possibility first.
Sadly not - It's happened as a shared project on the server, then as a solo project on 2 different client machines.

We went back to the backup from Thursday and so far today it's not exploded... Setting it back up as a shared project currently, hopefully it crashes soon if it's going to!
Learn and get certified!