Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Quadro FX 1700

Anonymous
Not applicable
By now, I'm assuming everyone has heard of the 1700, and the fact that it sells for around $500.00

Has anyone purchased one? Used it on Archicad? I went to order one yesterday and my supplier said they are back-ordered.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a link to the Nvidia site

http://www.nvidia.com/page/qfx_mr.html

Would love to hear how it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We purchased new Precision Workstations from Dell that came with the Quadra FX 1700. At first we experienced an occasional screen flicker when using them with dual monitors, but that has since been fixed with a driver update from Dell. We have not had any issues with them since. We haven't done any real performance tests with them, but everything has been displaying correctly in Archicad using OpenGL, no odd behaviors have been observed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tim wrote:
We purchased new Precision Workstations from Dell that came with the Quadra FX 1700. At first we experienced an occasional screen flicker when using them with dual monitors, but that has since been fixed with a driver update from Dell. We have not had any issues with them since. We haven't done any real performance tests with them, but everything has been displaying correctly in Archicad using OpenGL, no odd behaviors have been observed.
I've been using the 1700 for a few months now. Seems to work well. Slightly better 3D performance over the 7800 GTX I was using before. However, in the last few weeks, I have the same screen flicker you refer to. Do you know which driver will fix this? Right now I am using the recommended driver version from the Nvidia site.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The driver version we are using is 6.14.11.6926 dated 12/13/2007. It was provided to us by Dell after we reported the flickering issue to them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tim wrote:
The driver version we are using is 6.14.11.6926 dated 12/13/2007. It was provided to us by Dell after we reported the flickering issue to them.
I updated my driver to the latest from nvidia. which is 175.51. Screen Flicker is gone
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a follow-up, I noticed that the GPU database on this site recommends the 'old' 162.xx driver for the FX1700. I think this should be updated, seeing as that driver was the source of my screen flicker. Anyone know how to address this?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
LINZ wrote:
As a follow-up, I noticed that the GPU database on this site recommends the 'old' 162.xx driver for the FX1700. I think this should be updated, seeing as that driver was the source of my screen flicker. Anyone know how to address this?
Write to the Forum Administrator. He is among the users. His name is GSHQfadmin.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Actually I was in comm with the Forum Admin just yesterday and he told me the graphics driver database was updated so over a hundred different cards can be selected now.
So guys submit how you graphics cards work into the graphics card compatibility database.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27