Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

RHINO 8 is out - Updated GC is coming (when)?

Romans
Expert

Rhino 8 was just released with significant advancements. 

This is how real and serious 3D software evolves….

https://www.rhino3d.com/8/new/

@GS: When can we expect an updated Grasshopper-Connection to work with V8?
Thanks.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
19 REPLIES 19

Hello, 

Do you have any news about the plugin or this "downgrade" version for rhino? I work also on Mac, and the connection between AC27 / RH8+GH  is not working.

Thanks 

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

I have good news: the updated Grasshopper Add-on is planned to be already available with the Archicad 28 Beta version.

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager

Great News Illes. Will it be compiled for use in 27 as well?

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

The add-on is planned to be available for Archicad 28 in sync with the official release. It is not planned to be released for previous versions of Archicad.

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager

WHAT?

This is maximum user/client unfriendly!

Very bad news!

Sorry.

Where do we go from here?

sad to hear this although it's the kind of response I'm getting accustomed to hearing from the GS product team.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

It worked for me @Ktoffer.
Thank you very much !

Hi,

Do we need to install Grasshopper-Archicad Live Connection prior to copy these files into the folders?

Thanks.

thank you you are the best

furtonb
Advisor

I use Speckle to transfer models between Rhino 8 and AC27, I can't recommend it enough:

https://speckle.systems/

I lose AC-parametrics, sure, but I found this to be the best compromise (Rhino 7 vs. Rhino 8 is worlds apart on Apple Silicon Macs in terms of display performance, and the new features worth it on Windows as well to choose Rhino 8 on running projects).

This kind of incompatibility introduces unnecessary fragmentation in our workflows, as you will not update to the latest and greatest AC release with long-running projects. As a result you either miss on the Rhino 8 improvements or you need to jump into the unknown again with months of half-baked features or serious regressions (hello, attribute management or MEP, to name two of my favourite topics from migrating to AC26 then to AC27).

Note: Rhino Inside Revit is compatible with Rhino 7&8, with Revit 2018-2024 (and 2025 being WIP).

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64