Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Spell Checker and Office/Word 2010

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was having no problems with Spell Checker up until I installed Office 2010. I thought it was a problem with AC15 but come to find AC14 Spell Checker doesn't work now either? I have seen the link to set up the options within MS Word but that is for 2007 Word. However, I have made the similar changes within Word 2010 and it doesn't help. AC Support thinks I should get in touch with "Microsoft regarding the issue"--why would MS care it works in all of their software? Is anyone else having a similar problem? Your help would be very much appreciated. I can't spell worth a beans so I need all the help I can get.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Is anyone else having problems on Windows with spell checking in ArchiCAD not functioning with Office/Word 2010?

I have not seen much mention of it here, but I know another client with 64 bit Win 7 and Word 2010 who has never been able to get spellcheck to work with either AC 14 or 15.

It would be good to know if this a universal problem with Word 2010, or Word 2010 and certain versions of Window, or if dabarch and this other user are unique cases.

Thank you!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
I also have Win 7 / Word 2010 and just gave it a try.
I got the "cannot initialize" message in tracked it down to this piece if text.
If I delete either the last bracket or the full-stop then it is fine.
So it seems to be a combination of characters that stops it.

If I press "Replace" the full-stop is deleted.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
P.S.
Spell check on the same text in Word is fine.
If I add another word after the full-stop with no space or carriage return between then that is fine as well.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Windows 7 64 bit, AC 13, spell checker does not work.
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
vistasp
Advisor
Is there a wish somewhere for AC to no longer have a dependency on MS Office for spell check? I'd vote essential. I'm pretty sure it's simple to program AC to use, say, the cross-platform Aspell dictionary.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |