Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Text input slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a thread on here a week ago regarding how my student archicad licence is really slow when I input text. I have checked for any updates and it tells me it is the current version. I have checked my PC and it seems to be running fine. Is there any settings I should check??
I would welcome any ideas ??
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you give us some more details about your system/last updates, machina specs, graphic card, main board, etc...? Also did you tried it on some other machine ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running a windows XP on a desktop PC: AMD Athlon 3800+, 200GB, NVIDIA 6600GT, 1024MB - all my other programs seem to run ok
Anonymous
Not applicable
It really gives us any new info. Check again what I was asking for. Other thing is - What is the primary use of that computer ? Do you have nice fresh installation of WinXP or there is already bunch of software installed ? It might so happen that the DirectX, graphic card drivers, Java, QuickTime or some other software is messed up by some third party software. Try to use OpenGL for 2D - Work Environment -> 2D Redraw Options -> Optimize drawing method for high performance display card (use OpenGL) = ON. Good luck.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no luck with this.. I recently downloaded the student version of A10 and it has exactly the same problem.
It must be something to do with the set up of my computer but I done know what??
Djordje
Ace
Update video drivers.

Turn 2D OpenGL accelleration off in Archicad.

Oh, yes ... run the video card test that you can find in lower left corner of the main ArchiCAD Talk screen ... it will tell you if there are any problems.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen