Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Update 27.1.0 not showing up with "Check for Updates"?

Karl Ottenstein

Archicad 27 update 27.1.0 was released yesterday:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-1-0-Update-release-and-changes-i...

For me (USA), "Check for Updates" tells me I'm up to date.  I have to go to the download site manually to find this update:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=update&localization=USA&type=FULL&ver...

Is "Check for Updates" working for anyone in any localization?  If so, great.  If not, then we need to let Support know.  Thanks.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
20 REPLIES 20
runxel
Legend

This is all so broken.

If you install the update and go to "About Archicad" you'll see the splash screen – and still the regular build number! Which is okay, IF THEY WOULD SHOW US THEIR NEW FANCY SHMANCY numbering system, too!

So on what version am I? Nobody knows!

ALSO this update does not fix the broken dimensioning, either! (Seriously, how **beep**ed up is **beep**ed up?! Breaking DIMENSIONING, for at least 2 months after public release. Lucky us we have BIMx so we can just ... OH WAIT NO they have to sign in first !  .... AAaaaaaaaaaaah)

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Karl Ottenstein

Calling this update 27.1.0 is meaningless in some ways since the version number does not appear in the About box... only the Build, as in the past.  I installed manually, and this is build 4001.

(Was typing at the same time as Lucas... If we both notice this at once, surely someone at Graphisoft should have noticed?)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I checked earlier today and got the message there was an update available.

BarryKelly_0-1699611864285.png

And after I updated 27 it now shows I am using the latest version - twice.

BarryKelly_1-1699612378536.png

The top section should say we are using the latest update and/or the latest hotfix.

Or it just needs to show once that all is up to date - which would probably be better.

I assume when an update is available it will show as the first image "Update available", and if it is only a hotfix available it will clearly say "Hotfix available".

Now that we have Version, Update and Hotfix, saying the "version" is up to date is not really correct.

We could be using the latest version, but not necessarily the latest update or hotfix.

But if a hotfix or update is available, it should show as in the first image.

And if there is a hotfix or update available, maybe in the first image it should not be showing that we are using the latest version.

Unless it means that in previous versions (26, 25, etc.), that it will show we are not using the latest "version".

But in 25 with all updates and hotfixes installed, it says I an using the latest version, which is technically not correct.

I am using the latest update and hotfix of 25, but not the latest version which is 27.

Picking straws I know, but if GS is going to use these new terms, please use them properly.

BarryKelly_0-1699616990735.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello everyone,

We really appreciate all your feedbacks on this latest Archicad 27.1.0 Update, especially about the issues of the new Check for Updates system.

Allow me to reflect on the main points of confusion here.

1. There was a technical issue with the automatism that lead to the page showing that Archicad is up-to-date and no updates are available. This problem is now fixed, if you navigate to Help > Check for Updates in your Archicad, the update should show up on the upper panel of the interface.
    KornelBeleznai_0-1699620809970.png

2. For those users who enabled the Check for Updates function during the installation process, a notification should appear in Archicad's Action Center when opening the program. This however is not happening with Archicad 27 now, which is a problem that we are currently investigating.
  3. The confusion about the two seemingly identical panels on the Check for Updates page is very much understandable. The difference between the upper and lower panels is that the first one refers to the main updates and hotfixes of Archicad, while the second one refers to Library updates.  However, there is no information about this on the interface so we will make sure to adjust it in order to to give more clarity on the details of each panel.
    KornelBeleznai_1-1699621631766.png

I'd like to also mention that we understand your concerns about the changed naming system and how AC27.1.0 fits into it. We are planning to publish a more detailed explanation about this project soon.

We are sorry about the inconveniences and thank you once again for sharing your valuable thoughts on this topic!

Best regards,

Kornél

Beleznai Kornél
Technical Support Engineer

Kornel Beleznai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments on this topic, we truly appreciate them.

Please find my detailed answer about the Update related issues in this thread:

Re: Archicad 27 and macOS Sonoma (14) - Graphisoft Community

EDIT:

I have moved those posts and you will find them now in this thread - this will take you to that post.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/Update-27-1-0-not-showing-up-with-quot-Check...

Barry.

Kind regards,

Kornél

Beleznai Kornél
Technical Support Engineer

Great, thanks for reading and reacting here @Kornel Beleznai !

And while you're at it: ...

runxel_0-1699626571593.png

When opening files saved by 27.1 it will still show 27.0.

So something is still broken with your new scheme here.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks for the clarifications. Are there any other bug fixes in the updates other than those few identified in the list of improvements such as the macOS Sonoma related bugs? 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
Botonis
Advisor

As I already posted I would call this update 27.0.1.

Not 27.1.0

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Thanks for the update, is available in SPA language.

www.formaarquitectura.com
ARCHICAD 25 SPA

Now I am thoroughly confused. Can someone please confirm the 27.1.0 update appears as 27.0.0 build 4001 inside Archicad. Thanks.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x