Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Vanishing cursor: bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This strange phenomenon happens to both me and my colleagues with annoying frequency:

In a model view, the cursor suddenly seems to turn off. The mouse position is visible, but the frame of the drawing window or marquee is invisible. Icons at snap points disappear, and dimension marks don't appear when clicked. Anchor points of walls or fills don't appear - although you can still draw them if you're prepared to work 'blind'.

I find that, if I open a layout and then go back to the model, the problem has gone away.

It seems to happen when I'm doing a lot of stuff in a hurry. A lot of zooming in and out. Could I be inadvertently clicking a short-cut that invokes this effect? Or is it a bug? Does this happen to anyone else?

Keith

AC11 on
MAC 0S 10.4.8
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've only experienced this issue on 17. javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Anonymous
Not applicable
I increased the acceleration to max with no results. I have to go off screen to the desktop in order to get it back. iMac 1o.8.3
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Robert,

I will send you an email with a PDF containing some general Mac and ArchiCAD maintenance items. Try it and see if the issue is resolved. If not please let me know the model number or release date of your iMac and the Graphics Card model that is in your iMac and the number and size of monitors you use.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center