Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

disappearing attachment file

Tom Krowka
Booster
This may be more of a email question than AC, but here goes. I sent an email to myself that contained the .pln drawing. When I received it, it opened it directly from the attachment, without saving it to a file. I worked on it for several hours, and hit "SAVE" a few times, but not "SAVE AS" so I don't know where it really went.

Went to try to find it, nowhere to be found. Any clues there? If I open it from an attachment and work on it, how can it just disappear? Did searches on the computer for both the drawing file name, as well as .pln and.bpn extensions. No dice.

XX##&^^%$#@@!!!++***
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked on our mac system and I would think it would be similar on XP. The document went to our user documents folder under Microsoft User Data/Saved attachements. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is only semi-related, but it drives me mad - so maybe some of you mac-users can help.

When I open a file on a PC, and then save it as a new file - it always saves to the same folder as the original file.

When I do this on a MAC (and I do it very often), I have to pay particular attention to the 'save as' path - which will be the one I last used (when working on some other project in some other folder, somewhere else on the network). If I'm tired, or in a hurry, the new copy of the file goes off into the blue yonder, and I have to spend many happy hours using 'FIND'.

Is there any way to reset the default 'save as' path on a MAC so it behaves like a PC in this respect?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might give this a try:
http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/release.html

I don't have any experience with this although I did use something like this back with OS9. It would seem to solve your particular issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Millard - looks like the business!
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tom:

Thanks for the infor. Found it under internet content in a temp file. It had about a 20 character name, not the plan name.

Learned another new and exciting fact about my computer today!!
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com