Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

no boundary showing when i click and drag the mouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have no boundary showing when i click the mouse and then drag it. it also doesn't show up when i am drawing a wall or any other object either. it also doesn't show up when i drag an existing object around the screen. any suggestions.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Might be a graphics card driver problem.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
The bounding box for objects etc can be turned on under Preferences - Miscallaneous page - "Show ghost bounding box of objects, columns and figures".

However this does effect the bounding box when clicking and dragging with the mouse, so perhaps you do have a graphics card problem.

Cheers
Stuart.
Djordje
Ace
To check the card, do the tests in the Graphic card test forum. It will show you quite a bit ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
kevin b
Contributor
So i see this post is quite old however, we are experiencing what appears to be the same problem on one of our stations.

When objects are selected, they do not show any boundary at all, no snap points, nothing, you just have to click out in space to move or copy. IN both the arrow tool and the marquee tool, you can not see the boundary of your selection area as you drag. It appears to be specific to the instance of the application and not related to graphics card.

We have it happening on one machine. This user has two copies of ArchiCAD in order to open multiple sessions (mostly typical in our office). All files opened with the "original" version exhibit the problem. Same files opened on "copy" of ArchiCAD seem to be fine.

Additionally, it seeminngly appeared out of nowhere yesterday. Nothing had changed on the machine. At first we assumed it was some hidden preference or WE setting that was inadvertantly changed by an unknown keyboard short cut, but couldn't find anything. Which I guess still could be the case and we just couldn't find the setting.

Deleting the "original" and making a new "copy" of either the "copy" or the "original" seems to have fixed it.

Very odd. Anyoone else getting this? Know the cause??
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram