cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC9 SE Lib - Door and Window defaults

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using the AC9 SE Library and have a question about the default settings on the doors and windows. I like to set the oversize framing option for jambs and heads to "0" to avoid all that clutter on the plans.

Is there anyway I can set those settings to default, so I do not have to go in and change the settings everytime I start placing doors/ windows.?

(other than the copy attributes eye dropper technique?)

Does this make sense, or do I need less coffee and more sleep?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not yet an advocate for the SE Library, but for any Object this is were you save the Modified Object as a Favorite.
Anonymous
Not applicable
josh,
Open the object via file/GDL object/open object.
You will see the parameter list. Change the values of
the parameters you want and save.
The object now has new default values.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
josh,
Open the object via file/GDL object/open object.
You will see the parameter list. Change the values of
the parameters you want and save.
The object now has new default values.
Peter Devlin
Library parts that you have modified in this way should be saved in an alternate library and renamed to reflect that they use your standard defaults. This way you don't run the risk of losing the work when GS updates the SE library.

It is a pain in the neck either way though (resetting the parameters at each update or maintaining the extra revised parts). I usually prefer to create modules of preset parts to import into project files or (less often) to use the Favorites.

Remember of course to syringe (command/ctrl + option/alt) click in the settings dialog when switching from a correctly set door to a different one.