Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Add GSM/PLN format into Library

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All,

Sorry in advance if this is not the actual place to ask this or it has already being asked (but I wasn't able to find it in the forum)

I am a new user to ArchiCAD 20 and had only used it for 2-3days now. I had done the building using the given ArchiCAD Library Walls. I wanted to add Cladding/Wall-Finishes to the Exterior Wall. I came across Alucobond (https://www.polantis.com/alucobond?category=collections&order=%23) which they had done a few formats for different software, but IFC isn't available. The one available for ArchiCAD is GSM format but after unzip, it is actually a .pln format. Inside the pln format file, when I click it, I can see that it is under Wall and Curtain Wall.

However, when I open my existing project, I wasn't able to see the choices.

My question is, how can I add it into ArchiCAD Library and use it on my existing project ? (I had tried the Library Manager and export all the files, including the gsm inside and then add the folder into the Library. But nothing came up on my existing project as well when I tried to find it.

Hope someone can help me. Or is there other way to do it ?

PS : The file i downloaded is from and chose GSM format. Alucobond (https://www.polantis.com/alucobond?category=collections&order=%23)

You can open and see that in the pln file, the wall and everything is there. But it doesnt appear in my existing project when i open my project. Unfortunately, the file is too large to attached.
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Advocate
Hi Bryan,

I downloaded this to have a look and as you say there are walls and curtain walls set up with defaults for different Alucobond cladding systems. The walls are composite walls so they include the base wall structure and the cladding.

As far as I can see they are not objects you attach to exisiting walls. An easy way to get these into you project is copy and paste between the Alucobond pln file and your project.

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-6000 USA
2019 MacBook Pro-macOS 15.0 (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gerald wrote:
Hi Bryan,

I downloaded this to have a look and as you say there are walls and curtain walls set up with defaults for different Alucobond cladding systems. The walls are composite walls so they include the base wall structure and the cladding.

As far as I can see they are not objects you attach to exisiting walls. An easy way to get these into you project is copy and paste between the Alucobond pln file and your project.

Cheers,
Thank you Gerald Hoffman,

I had a few tries and works now Thank you very much.

For anyone who found this forum when trying to do same thing. Thing happen to me, I tried copy and paste earlier on and it didnt work. It seems to only word when you are in 2D floor plan and not in 3D view. That is at least what happen to me in ArchiCAD 20.

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bryan91 wrote:
... I tried copy and paste earlier on and it didnt work. It seems to only work when you are in 2D floor plan and not in 3D view. That is at least what happen to me in ArchiCAD 20.

Thank you
Correct - you can't copy / paste in 3D window.