cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Advice on Detailing

unknown
Newcomer

Hello,

I am new to Archicad and am after some advice on how best to model this building entrance detail (see image 1).

I have tried a couple of different ways without success:

1. Morph Tool - After watching some videos on how to use this I have made several attempts to use this tool however the interior box that I am trying to cut out isn't cutting out of the shape (image 2). I have tried playing around with the settings but am not sure what is going wrong/what I have done wrong.

2. Solid Element Operations - I have tried using this but its not making any difference to the shape - I don't think I am using it right.

3. Importing it - I can easily model it up in Rhino and have tried importing it over both via the file<open< and file<interoperability<merge but both ways only produce views which are 3D and the shape does not show in plan or elevation view.

Thanks 🙂

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based ?

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

There would be many ways to do this.

You could place a 1000mm thick wall and place as series of openings, controlling the depth of each one.

Place the door in that wall also and adjust the reveal depth or place a separate (thin) wall inside the opening and place the door in that.

Or model the outer skin as a thin wall that zig-zags into to door wall.

Place higher walls across these zig-zags to form the lintels.

Model the internal leaf separately.

The door is in a double skin wall as normal.

You could use the polygon wall geometry method (must be 'Basic' wall structure to do this, not composite or complex profile).

Solid element operations will work, but you will not see their effect in plan.

A morph is possible but will not join with other walls in plan and you can not place a door in a morph - you will still have to place a wall for that.

The corbels on the outer skin can be applied as beams, or you could use a complex profile wall for that outer leaf.

Barry.

PS it would be nice to see a name or nick name as your user name rather than 'unknown'.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thankyou! I used the opening tool and it has work perfectly 

Setup info provided by author