Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Base Cabinet objects with 'open backs'?

rob2218
Enthusiast
here's the deal.
we need to have two cabinet objects back to back but...we need the back panel of the object to have an 'open' back. Meaning we need to see thru the cabinet object.
how would you accomplish this WITHOUT using "operators" such as slabs that you place on hidden layers...?

thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
rob2218 wrote:
here's the deal.
we need to have two cabinet objects back to back but...we need the back panel of the object to have an 'open' back. Meaning we need to see thru the cabinet object.
how would you accomplish this WITHOUT using "operators" such as slabs that you place on hidden layers...?

thanks,
you would have to make gdl code edits to the cabinet and or the base macro for the cabinet. otherwise you are stuck with seo to accomlish this.
rob2218
Enthusiast
was afraid you were going to say that.....^

I hate....no wait, loathe, having to create objects in layers which are turned off JUST to accomplish something which should be programmed into the cabinet objects.
"backs" - check box for 'yes'/uncheck for 'no'.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:

I hate....no wait, loathe, having to create objects in layers which are turned off JUST to accomplish something which should be programmed into the cabinet objects.
Well I plan to add that option when I fix the cabinets. Its like ten minutes tops of coding

here is a youtube link, is this what you are after?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtlfX5Z0Jww&feature=youtu.be
rob2218
Enthusiast
video is telling me I need to "disable SafeMode"? WTH is that and where do I disable it?

SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
rob2218 wrote:

Well I plan to add that option when I fix the cabinets. Its like ten minutes tops of coding

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK..that cabinet is "exactly" what I need......is it an AC17 or an AC18 file?
where can I get it?
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
rob2218 wrote:

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
i added the option while i made my wife and i breakfast... so its in my library i guess ha ha. i wanted to see if it would really only take me ten minutes
rob2218
Enthusiast
uhh.....that's awesome....so how can I get that cabinet?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
perhaps you could be so kind and upload it to the "Depository" on the GS site?
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
i added the option while i made my wife and i breakfast... so its in my library i guess ha ha. i wanted to see if it would really only take me ten minutes
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
HUMMM.....small paypal donation huh?
well, I can't speak for the rest of the users here but it would be helpful for me.
if the "step-by-step" could be precise enough to follow.......then yoI'd be willing to compensate your time (10 minutes) but I'll probably turn into something like 30m of your time. I'm not too comfortable with Paypal but I could mail you a gift card to Starbucks or something to that nature. I could sure use a tutorial on GDL and how to script information into an objects parameters........so it's yer call.
send me a PM if you'd like and we can work out the details.
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
well I cant really ask for money for the cabinet as it is not my property. I could however send you a detailed step by step process to add the option yourself. Its really not to difficult, and it will give you some more indepth knowledge of gdl. maybe a small paypal donation? to compensate for my wifes anger ha ha? and i guess for the time to write up the how to? Hmm...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23