cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can I create a Door Opening like this?

Durval
Enthusiast
How would you script a GDL door opening like the one on the picture (seen in 3D from below and in plan view)?
Can this be done with WALLNICHE?
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
4 REPLIES 4
Durval
Enthusiast
For those who might be interested, this is part of a GDL project that would solve the issue of composite walls' openings not showing properly in sections. The intention is to fill the chanfered space with a TUBE matching the materials and fills of the wall's external layers.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
With 2 steps:
1. You can control the visibility of TUBE and many other types of GDL elements. You would have to set those edges to hidden that are at the rectangular wall hole.
2. In the Compatibility Options Dialog within the Details page of the Library Editor, check the Switch off 3D contour checkbox.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erich
Contributor
In 3D cut your wall opening to the larger dimension and infill the triangular areas with a PRISM_ or EXTRUDE part. The TUBE command does not look good in 3D or renders (at least in the past, I have not check with 17 or 18 yet) so I try to avoid it when possible.

In 2D, you can use the WALLBLOCK2 command to create the triangular sections of wall.

Sizing with this method can be a little tricky but nothing too complex.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
In 3D cut your wall opening to the larger dimension and infill the triangular areas with a PRISM_ or EXTRUDE part. The TUBE command does not look good in 3D or renders (at least in the past, I have not check with 17 or 18 yet) so I try to avoid it when possible. ....
In addition - command TUBE as opposed to PRISM_ - hollow, that you will have a sectional? Empty. Only the section of contour.