Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Create and use new doors

KeesW
Advocate
I've created 2 new glazed and framed doors on plan. They now need to be viewed from the the top (showing its thin edge) so that I can use it on a floor plan. I used to do this with roof trusses and remember that the top view has to be saved as a library object. But it is years since I've done this and have forgotten the steps involved. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
KeesW wrote:
They now need to be viewed from the the top (showing its thin edge) so that I can use it on a floor plan

Door leaf? You model and save them from the X-Y plane and they will be rotated into the X-Z plane when saved.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/72807/

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
We used to have to rotate it in 3D to get the correct top view, but now with the "Save Selection As ..." option, we can just select and save from the plan.
It will automatically be rotated if you save as a door or window or as a door leaf.

Note: when saving as a 'Door Leaf', you will then use the 'Custom' door leaf option in your door objects, and this newly saved leaf should be in the list for you to choose from (most door objects should have this custom leaf option).
If you saved it to the Embedded library, it will only be available in that particular job.
If you save it to an external linked library then it will be available to any job that links to that library.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11