Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating A Fill That Will Show Up In Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,
So, as we all know, if you place a fill in an elevation or section and try to get it to show up on a schedule it won't (arg!).

So, to get around this, I have been trying to find/create a gdl object that acts like a fill ( the 2 most desired abilities being: easy to add new points and change color). Reason being is that the object will show up on a schedule.

Any suggestions? Is this possible?

Thanks!
ben
10 REPLIES 10
Erika wrote:
I can't help wondering what you are using the fills for?
If you could get fills in a schedule you could generate surface area schedules with a few clicks of the magic wand. Interior elevations, exterior walls, etc...any place you have multiple surfaces on the same wall.
Paint1, paint2, wall paper, plaster, murals, wainscoting, stone, brick, veneers, glazing, siding...and all with out having to create very complicated complex profiles and customized zone objects.

This is especially true when there are more than 2 or 3 finish materials on the same wall.

Fills in schedules from elevations and sections would be a big step in productivity for me.

If I remember correctly, this is a something we used to be able to do but now we can't.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25