cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating Custom Curtain wall panels in AC 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone out there. I am new to archicad about two months into using the software. Managed well so far, but can seem to create a custom component (vent block) to be used in a curtain wall system. There are tutorials out there explaining the use of custom components, but it is not within my "file menu---save as" in either AC 16 nor 18. Any Help

Custom component menu missing.png
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That grayed command is the Share Object command.

You need to select the elements on the Floor Plan, then use the File\Libraries and Objects\Save Selection As\Curtain Wall Panel command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much. But, I try that and during trying to load the custom panel, the file type not showing in the library objects tree for the curtain panels. I will try again and give feed back. thanks allot!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What happens if you load the Standard Commands 18 Scheme from Command Layouts Schemes in the Work Environment Dialog?
Do the command then show on the menu?

If I misunderstood, please attach a screenshot of where it doesn't show up.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laszlonagy,
I'm back this morning. please see the the attached screen shots in sequence. The first two are a comparison of an online tutorial and my screen. I'm not sure that the screen shot from online tut has an additional plugin that shows up under the file menu for " Save Custom Component", but it is not showing up in my file menu.

I tried again the - " Library and Objects----Save Selection as----Curtain Wall panel" but could not locate the file in the embedded library. Tried saving it to a folder I created, but given the option to browse and located the custom panel from within the curtain panel editing, the file does not show up in the folder. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

It seems I can only update one screen shot at a time.
Online tut clip.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the remaining clips
Anonymous
Not applicable
Remaining Clips Cont'd.
Saved Custom CW file.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Remaining Clips Cont'd.
Loading custom Panel.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Remaining Clips Cont'd.
Trying to find custom panel.png
Barry Kelly
You don't have to load the custom panel if you have just created it in that job.
Especially as you saved it in the 'Embedded Library' - it will automatically be there.

You only need to load if you save it to a folder and then you want to use that in another job.

However you do need to select the 'CW Custom Panel 18' option in the CW settings.
Then you will see a list of you custom panels that you can choose the one you want from.

Also the vent panel you have in plan - is that just lines or is it 3D elements.
If just lines then you will not see anything in the CW in elevation/3D.
It will still allow you to save it as a custom panel though for some reason.
The elements must be 3D.

Barry.
custom_cw.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11