cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Dimension Maker Favourites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can Dimention Maker settings be saved as Favourites?

I would be nice to be able to assign a predefined Dimension Maker to every new window or door. Now it takes me more time to refefine the Maker than the window.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rex, I am sure there is a great potential in using Label tool as Win/Door marker, but it is beyond my knowledge to make it!

Right now David's suggestion works fine for me. I have customized it and saved it with another name. I do not need layers for the marker as you can switch the markers off in Model View Options.

It would be interesting to see a Label Win/Door Marker though!

I had played a lot with GDL in earlier versions when it was a pretty simple programing language. It was enough to understand this was not my area of expertise! Code cracking and programing are just the opposite of that I do best - drawing and modelling. That is why I decided to learn several different CAD and 3D applications just to avoid scripting!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
David wrote:
You can open the Marker object in the Library Part Editor and set all of your preferred parameters. Once you save and close the Object, the Marker settings will default to your saved configuration.
David what effect does this have on any other markers you've already placed in this or other projects? Will they change now? And does the marker have to be saved out into a separate library?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
David wrote:
You can open the Marker object in the Library Part Editor and set all of your preferred parameters. Once you save and close the Object, the Marker settings will default to your saved configuration.
David what effect does this have on any other markers you've already placed in this or other projects? Will they change now? And does the marker have to be saved out into a separate library?

Cheers,
Link.
Just changing the defaults won't alter existing instances (you can still turn that on if so desired - though it is very dangerous to do so). Of course, altering the code in any way will affect all instances of the part in all files where it has been used.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Matthew wrote:
Of course, altering the code in any way will affect all instances of the part in all files where it has been used.
Of course, this is what I meant.

Cheers,
Link.