cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Drawing Schedule -> XML -> Marker GDL Lookup

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to get around the issue of not being able to Hotlink layout books by creating a marker that will read an XML file which contains the mappings of drawings to layouts in another file. so perhaps it's overkill but here's my dilemna.

I have a layout book in one teamwork file which contains all plans, large scale sections and elevations (95MB), and I would like to be able to put the detail layouts in another file which will contains the detail drawings. I need to keep the layout books under 100MB as they are being transferred between offices on a daily basis, with upwards of 30 minutes to complete each transfer.

I want to create a data file which is created from the detail layout book which maps drawings names to layouts, then have a marker that can be placed in the primary layout book (on sections and plans etc) where I can identify the drawing name and it will return the layout ID based upon it's location in the other layout book.

Anyone had any thoughts along these lines?
1 REPLY 1
TomWaltz
Participant
the inability to link between multiple files has been a complaint almost from the day we got the ability to link.

The closest I've seen is to completely split the building into one file and the layouts into their own file. It's a little clunky, but it does allow you to always link to something in the same PLP file while removing the huge amount of redundant data in the layout book.

I like what you're trying to do, but GDL isn't smart enough to know all the data you would need to export an object's location to an external file.
Tom Waltz