Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Duplicated Library Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suddenly my Library Objects are getting loaded twice.
Can't figure out why, how to stop it, or how to remove the duplicates.

The library report indicates over 3500 duplicate entries. See pic.

This is not project specific. It affects both existing jobs and a New from Template incarnation. (Both ArchiCAD 10 and my own GGA 10.tpl are affected)

Any suggestions as to what has gone wrong and how to correct it, please?

Duplicated Library Objects.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Looks like you have 2 libraries with identical objects loaded -- what does your Library Manager dialog look like?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lib Man opened up on C: as Local.

Sure looks like a straight duplicate but can't tell where it is coming from or why.
Library Manager.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your library manager is only showing a single instance of the AC10 library. Is there any chance it has another copy inside itself?
Matthew wrote:
Your library manager is only showing a single instance of the AC10 library. Is there any chance it has another copy inside itself?
Ahh -- this must be it.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now looked through my file list and there doesn't appear to be a duplicate library within the existing file structure.

Is it possible that my GGA Template file has accumulated it's own copy of the library file somehow, which then gets loaded a second time? If so, how would I track it down and kill it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now looked through my file list and there doesn't appear to be a duplicate library within the existing file structure.

Is it possible that my GGA Template file has accumulated it's own copy of the library file somehow, which then gets loaded a second time? If so, how would I track it down and kill it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the triplication... it kept coming up with a Debug Error saying that it had not transmitted. (It lied)
1. You can delete the multiple posts.

2. If you read the duplicated parts message all the way to the end of the line, it will tell you where the part is residing.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10