Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Duplicates From G.S. Cloud objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like objects from the new G.S. cloud search within A.C. brings with it
lots (sometimes over a hundred) duplicates.
What's up with that?
Attached image shows I had no duplicates before I downloaded from the G.S. cloud with A.C..
See next post/image to see all the duplicates I get from downloading just one object.

NoDups-22.png
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now after downloading from G.S. Cloud.

Other cloud objects did the same thing,
although not as many duplicates.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
lec1212 wrote:
Seems like objects from the new G.S. cloud search within A.C. brings with it lots (sometimes over a hundred) duplicates.
Similar issue to this one. Objects and libraries need a major overhaul in my opinion.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph
Until something is fixed, hard to feel comfortable using G.S. cloud objects that have duplicates unless one is in dire need.
lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You may be right about this issue in general.

However, in this particular instance, the Ribbon Window 16 is a library object from the default ArchiCAD 16 Library. So I think you will find this same object in the ArchiCAD Library, you don't have to download it from the BIMComponents Portal.
The reason you now have all those duplicates is because the object and all its macros are both in the linked ArchiCAD 16 Library and the Embedded Library. Remove the object and its macros folder from the Embedded Library and use its instance found in the deafult ArchiCAD 16 Library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo
Thanks for the reply, however in my version there was no Ribbon Window 16.
Hence this post: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=209174&highlight=ribbon#209174
And the trouble with duplicates began.
lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see. I am using the INT version and I have it in that. Have no idea why it is not in the USA version.
However, I think the macros are probably included in both libraries since most Window macros are used by many Window objects.
What you could then try is save the macro folder of the Window object from the Embedded library into a folder on your hard drive (so you have it in case you need it) and delete it from the Embedded Library. Let's see if that helps with the duplicate messages.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo
Thanks for the reply.

There is no folder that says macro.
Do you mean the folder that says:
Ribbon Window 16 parts (Do not modify),
(per screen shot)?
And if so, do you mean delete the folder with
contents or just the "parts" that are in it?
(Obviously: as you say, saving first).

But this cloud object source seems broken to me since I've found
other G.S. cloud objects with a large amount of duplicates also.
I'm a designer/builder, not a programer or IT guy.
Shouldn't it just work right, since we know duplicates are bad?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I meant that folder. Anything that is in the embedded folder is part of the Project File. So the library folder is not loaded from a location on your hard drive or from the BIM Server. Instead it is in the project file. So if you delete it from here, it will be gone from the file. This is why you need a backup just in case.
The name of the folder says "parts", not "macros". "Macro" is a word used in GDL to refer to GDL library parts that are parts of other Library parts and they are "called" from their "mother" library part. Many library parts may use the same macro.

Select the folder in the Embedded Library. Then use the Export embeded subtree in local folder button below the libraries list to save it on your hard drive.
Then with the folder still selected, use the Delete button to delete it, then OK the Dialog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, did that, and this is what I get.
I say broken/bug.