cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Empty door & window.

Eman
Contributor
If I insert an empty door or window, how can I make the door/window symbol appears in the plan view?
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
Actually what you need to do is create a custom panel with the design and that will fix all the issues.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76693/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could instead insert a normal window, then turn off the 3D.

Window Settings & Opening => Model Attributes => 3D Detail Level => Off

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Eman wrote:
If I insert an empty door or window, how can I make the door/window symbol appears in the plan view?
Exactly what do you mean?
There is no door or window so there will be no door or window symbol.
You should just see an empty opening - are you not seeing this?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eman
Contributor
Hi Lingwisyer I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

Hi Barry Kelly, What I mean is because sometimes I insert a door and then in the front elevation I need to draw the door design exactly as it is in real. What I usually do is that I go in the door or window settings and remove everything and I just leave the glass, so like that in the elevation it appears as it is empty so I can draw the door as in real and at the same time the door symbol appears in the plan view. I'm asking this question so maybe I can insert an empty door instead of having to make settings as I just said.

Thanks
Eman / Draftsman
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
Actually what you need to do is create a custom panel with the design and that will fix all the issues.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76693/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eman
Contributor
ejrolon wrote:
Yes that is perfect, Thanks!
Eman / Draftsman
Eman
Contributor
I am back again about this topic. I tried several door leafs but I can do it only with holes. What I mean if I want to make a leaf with some lines (grooves) how can i do it?

And second question is, in the door library I can find only single and double doors. What if I want to create a garage door with 4 leafs, how can I do it?

Thanks.
Eman / Draftsman
Barry Kelly
Eman wrote:
I tried several door leafs but I can do it only with holes. What I mean if I want to make a leaf with some lines (grooves) how can i do it?

You create the door leaf as elaborately as you want it to be.
Cut holes, add trims, use different thickness slabs, and I am pretty sure you can even use Solid Element Operations to cut grooves.
Then you select the whole lot and save as your custom panel.

Eman wrote:
And second question is, in the door library I can find only single and double doors. What if I want to create a garage door with 4 leafs, how can I do it?

I don’t have ArchiCAD with me at the moment but I am pretty sure the door object needs to be scripted to allow for the custom door panels.
So if you have a 4 leaf door object that allows custom panels, then the process will be the same.
If it doesn’t have the custom panel option then you can’t do it.
If the problem is you don’t have a 4 leaf object, that is a whole other problem.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Eman wrote:

A "Sliding Folding Door"?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Eman
Contributor
Lingwisyer wrote:
A "Sliding Folding Door"?
No not a sliding folding door.

There are single & double hinged doors but I cannot find 3 or 4 leafs hinged doors.
Eman / Draftsman