Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Fill on top of stairs in elevation

pcrossington
Contributor

Hi All:

I am having an issue where, in elevation only, a stair is covered by what appears to be a fill of some sort. It shows up in my new elevations, but not in my existing (this is a remodel and I'm using the renovation filter). It also does not show up when I cut a section through the same plane as the elevation. I imagine this is a headroom plane or some graphic override but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

This "fill" also sometimes appears in 3D as a ghosted box, but I can't seem to replicate that right now...

Existing Elevation:

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 12.39.02 PM.png

New Elevation:

Screen Shot 2024-06-20 at 12.39.25 PM.png

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon BIgSur 11.6.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Rockstar

@pcrossington wrote:

This "fill" also sometimes appears in 3D as a ghosted box, but I can't seem to replicate that right now...

One thing to check is Model View Options (MVO) > Stair Options > Headroom.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
David Maudlin
Rockstar

@pcrossington wrote:

One thing to check is Model View Options (MVO) > Stair Options > Headroom.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

David:

That's exactly what it was - thank you so much. I just couldn't figure it out!

Did my operating system not show up within my post? I thought it did so automatically, but I'll be asure to add it going forward.

Best,

Phil

Phil:

Good to know that worked.

In addition to your operating system, your version of ArchiCAD and its country (features and libraries will vary), and information about your computer could be helpful in answering your questions.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture

Setup info provided by author