Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Finding Author of "Water waves" element

Dwight
Newcomer
This old library element is soon to become important to ArchiCAD users for water surfaces.

I have forgotten who made it and he hasn't signed his work.

Can anyone help?

WATER EFFECT.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight,
Dwight wrote:
This old library element is soon to become important to ArchiCAD users for water surfaces.

I have forgotten who made it and he hasn't signed his work.

Can anyone help?
Was this the part? I believe this came from the same website as the wonderful Fountain and Tent objects that were created by (was it?) Fong Kee Chin. The website was hosted on a free webserver site and disappeared when the space provider gave up the ghost or started charging money.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Dwight
Newcomer
Everyone should download this element now.

Thanks Aaron.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have improved the original idea some years ago and you remained me I have actually done that.

Note: 'Simmering' option could be a serious CPU-time muncher so be careful with the scale of it.

Enjoy...
::rk
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Rob and Aaron!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
AFAIR it was Frank Chin, and the site was hosted on Virtualave.net, until it got commercial. Frank moved to China in the meantime, and was looking for the new server. Not sure what happened.

Thanks for the resurrection, and an advice:

If you know of more such objects, or are in contact with author(s), direct them to the GDL Centrum (www.gdl-centrum.com) that is a good place for free content.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen