Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Freeform Windows Issues

Kamelite
Enthusiast
I need my window to have a certain shape. To achieve this I used the object called FreeFrom Window.
However, placed, I have two issues I need assistance with:

The dimensions are empty, and I can not see the window in plan view... Any suggestions? Or any other window I can use to make this shaped window?

[attachment=0]ffw.jpg[/attachment]

.Kamelite
Windows 10, Archicad 27
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I remember using this window object many years ago. Sadly it doesn't have a proper symbolic floorplan representation, if I recall correctly. You can try setting the floor plan display of the window to projected instead of symbolic.

To make this shape yourself, you can create your own window by drawing it with walls and slabs. There should be some tutorials for this floating around, probably in the helpcenter too.

Finally there are some third party addons that will let you make these shapes (probably).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
And the reason it does not have a size is because it will not be using the standard width and height parameters.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
The only fully parametric "freeform" window with all the standard documentation features and every other possible window function you could think to apply to your freeform window. Legitimate GDL content created by an Archicad user of 20 years (13 of which have been fulltime GDL) working with firms all around the world. This tool is about to turn 10 years old and is capable of replicating any opening assembly and has a unique and powerful catalogue feature where you can save your freeform shapes to a database that the tool can access from any project. Plus you can access manufacturer's databases of their freeform (or normal) window assemblies: https://cadswift.com.au/products/Infinite-Openings.html
Unfortunately it is not free, and is another subscription, but we simply cant create such tools with generating a revenue to support them. The tools do not generate enough to cover their development cost so we still do a lot of unpaid development time, as does every 3rd part developer who enjoys coding, part of our leisure is our work, so we don't really work as long as it looks. However, your support would make a difference, so I hope you will consider Infinite Openings and the rest of our Archicad libraries.
Thanks,
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists