Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL and Custom Object creation - Need some help folks

rob2218
Enthusiast
well...besides the books and the whole website stuff I really need some help on figuring out how to best create custom objects for my office.

I've been asked to come up with some objects for some electrical plans for example and I need to know how to make these objects work in an editable form.

Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated.

thanks.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
For electrical symbols you are probably best served to grab Electrigon rather than trying to build the stuff from scratch.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,

The following is a thread I posted for another user wanting to make a fountain. The steps for making a GDL object are the same for you as for the gentleman making a foundation: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35535
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to get seriously into GDL I recommend getting the GDL Handbook by Andrew Watson. It's thorough treatment written clearly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
If you want to get seriously into GDL I recommend getting the GDL Handbook by Andrew Watson. It's thorough treatment written clearly.
I agree, this is the best place to start. Comes with a handy library of example objects to.