Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL - variable FILL BACKGROUND

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to GDL. I'm not able to add the variable FILL BACKGROUND sript in 2D.
[/img]

GDL.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not clear to me what you are trying to do (and the image isn't helping - it's blurry and just seems to be a generic main window from an autop-generated part).

If you are trying to add a parameter to the list the "FILL BACKGROUND" won't work since space characters are not allowed in variable names. The standard approach is to use and underscore character to substitute, ie: "FILL_BACKGROUND"

Otherwise please be a bit more specific about what you are trying to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created an object following a tutorial GSM ancient site of Graphisoft. I added the controls to pen and fill, but as my knowledge is limited, could not apply a control for the background fill in the script. Can you help me?
GDL 01.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here the image of the 2D script
GDL 02.jpg
David Maudlin
Rockstar
judsonarq:

I don't think the pen for the background fill of a Fragment (a fill drawn in the 2D Symbol window) can be parametric, only the foreground pen and fill type can be controlled. So you will need to use the POLY2_B command in the 2D Script to numerically define the fill and have control over its background pen.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14