Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How do I model this U-stair?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
Preferably in one object and it needs to align to the figure. The middle "landing" part is causing me problems I cant solve.
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
14 REPLIES 14
Solution
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
something like this: Huge amount of mouse-clicks but doable..

On my old macbookpro, filming something like this is very near the performance-limit and therefore its possible to make some mis-mouse-clicks and so there seems to be some minimal uncorrect points that caused the end-problem, but the way would be possible.

later i found the glitch:
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hmooslechner wrote:
something like this: Huge amount of mouse-clicks but doable..

On my old macbookpro, filming something like this is very near the performance-limit and therefore its possible to make some mis-mouse-clicks and so there seems to be some minimal uncorrect points that caused the end-problem, but the way would be possible.

later i found the glitch:
Hi Heimo,
Thanks for your video! It's a real piece of DIY and kind of nice to actually do that kind of manual cad work a la Sketchup. I hope GS will rethink the stair tool so that it can be more user controlled instead of programming itself into dead ends all the time. I'll post a picture of the stair when I'm done. This is my first day after the xmas holidays and watching your vid wit a cup of good coffee was a great start.
Best regards to Austria,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I really do like solving questions like this, its my "hobby" to look for solutions in dead-ends, kind of crossword-puzzle-feeling but with the benefit to other people and for raising my own knowledge.. Thanks for such questions.

It should be clear, that graphisoft has to work on better solutions here with its Stairtool. It was a really good BEGINNING, but it has to be made much better! Not dead ends! Something like a dialoguebox with the message - there is no solution for this geometry - should never appear on the eyes of the user.

Now - this tool is just the half way..
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
another Workflow:

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hmooslechner wrote:
another Workflow:

You've got the stair craze . Nice work. I figure the negative volume ca be done by using the terrain tool. I haven't had time to even open the project yet but hopefully next week.
AC 25 SWE Full