Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to have skylights appear as dashed lines in floor plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there - I am having a tough time figuring out how to have my skylights appear on my floor plan as just a dashed line vs. the whole top view of the skylight w/ the window marker etc.. I just want it to appear as a rectangular outline with a dashed line...thank you for any help/tips!

SKYLIGHTS.png
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend
I have my ROOF which carries the skylights on a storey above. I then use this as a trace reference and add the required graphic with 2D elements e.g lines, x-box symbol as required.

Unfortunately I think the only way you can display the skylights dashed automatically is to display the roof on the storey below home which then means you see all the roof outlines which can sometimes be distracting.

I'm sure there will be other options including the use of GO's...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I was hoping there was a way that the program was intuitive enough to be able to show them automatically somehow...hopefully someone knows how. From searching on here though it doesn't seem like anyone has ever been able to answer this...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the default Skylight objects it is possible to turn off the 2D of the Skylight altogether so only the outline is visible. See the attached image for the exact field.
SkylightOutlineOnly.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo - I figured out how to do that but when I do it I still see the outline of all the roof lines (hips, valleys, etc. which muddies up the drawings). Do you know is there a way to see the dashed line of the skylight without seeing the roof outlines too? Thank you!
You can do this with Graphic Overrides. Make skylights display with a dashed line and colored pen, and make roofs display with white pen. Adjust marker display in MVO's.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Ivan Myers
Booster
So I'm having a similar problem. However, I'm trying to get a skylight to NOT display its outline on the floor below where its visible. We normally display the roof lines over our floor plans, however, we only want to display a skylight outline if a person could look up and see it. So no second floor skylights displaying on the first floor. Is there a way to do that? I'm planning on changing the skylight in questions lines to white and then using a polyline to indicate its location on the floor above... kind of a hack job I guess.
Any better ideas? Changing the MVO setting for the roof would mess with our other floor plan views to much.
Thanks
Designer/ Drafter

ArchiCAD 26 on 27" Mac
The only way is to tweak (with standard objects) the floor plan cut plane options and set projection to proper floor plane range.

Piotr

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!