cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Label Object that links to "Matching Properties"

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I quite often use Property Objects to show me what the specification reference should be for my walls. What frustrates me is that you can't (well I can't) get the ID of the wall to pick up the Linked Property

I just had an idea that it might be possible to use a Label Object to "Request" the linked property object name and so that way I could display on my drawings the Spec Ref without having change the ID of the wall.

So before I go off and try and make the Label Object I wondered if anybody out there had already made such a thing?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Looks like this is the command I need but it's proving challenging to get any data out of it.

REQUEST ("ASSOCEL_PROPERTIES ", parameter_string, nr_data, data)
Returns, in the given variables, own property data or the element properties which the library part containing this request is associated to (in
labels and associative marker objects). The function return value is the number of successfully retrieved values, 0 if no property data was found
or an error occurred. The function does not work in property objects during the listing process.
parameter_string: a combination of keywords separated by commas representing the requested fields of the property data records.
Records will be ordered accordingly. Possible values:
ISCOMP
DBSETNAME
KEYCODE
KEYNAME
CODE
NAME
FULLNAME
QUANTITY
TOTQUANTITY
UNITCODE
UNITNAME
UNITFORMATSTR
PROPOBJNAME
nr_data: returns the number of the data items
data: returns the property data, records containing and being ordered by the fields specified in the parameter string. Values are
returned as a one dimensional array which contains the requested record fields successively, independently of the dimensions
of the variable specified to store it. If the variable is not a dynamic array, there are as many elements stored as there is room
for (for a simple variable only one, the first element). If values is a two dimensional dynamic array, all elements are stored in
the first row.
Example:
DIM DATA []
n = REQUEST ("ASSOCEL_PROPERTIES", "iscomp, code, name", nr, data)
IF nr = 0 THEN
TEXT2 0, 0, "No properties"
ELSE
j = 0
FOR i = 1 TO nr
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I managed to make the object and you can download it from the Object Depositry Label Object

Having made it I think there maybe an easier way to make a Label Object that avoids the need to setup a Property Object and link it to ArchiCAD's database by instead just requesting the name of the Composite Fill. So far though I'm not having any luck getting it to work.
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Fuzzy,

Thank you for sharing your object!
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
...and link it to ArchiCAD's database by instead just requesting the name of the Composite Fill...
Have you tried the "WALL_COMPS_NAME"? (GDL Reference Manual page 234)

HTH.