Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library part not converted properly - 64bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just changed from a 32bit to a 64 bit computer.

I am getting a "library part was not converted properly(W001)" warning when I try to use 3d. How do I convert this over to 64 bit?

Also, how do I find W001 - I assume that it's a window, but as I cannot see it, where is it?

Thanks as always for your help - any help is VERY much appreciated.

Regards,

Hayley.

Capture.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Hayley_D wrote:
Also, how do I find W001 - I assume that it's a window, but as I cannot see it, where is it?
Hayley:

The "W001" should be the ID, you can use Find & Select to set up Window and ID as criteria to find the window (if that is what it is). The problem with window may or may not have to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit, this error message can appear under other circumstances.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,

How do I solve this problem of not been able to see it? Is there a way to convert it?

Thanks,

Hayley
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Hayley:

If you can select the object, go to File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object... to open the object, then try Saving or Saving As... the object, this will convert it to the version of ArchiCAD you are using (making it unusable by earlier versions). This may correct the problem.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

As I cannot see the objects, I can't select them I tried in both 2D & 3D.

It took me absolutely ages to create them in the first place. I used the cabinet builder in cadimage.

I know that the objects are still there because when I put it onto a 32 bit, they appear.

Thanks again,

Hayley
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Hayley:

You best option may be to contact cadimage, they may have some insight into the problem.

God luck,

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

Thanks for all your efforts - finally solved the problem!!javascript:emoticon(':D')

It was as basic as TURN OFF THE SECURITY SOFTWARE WHEN INSTALLING.

Simple - worked perfectly.

I'd also like to thank Ian at Graphisoft who came up with the solution. I was floored when he called me to see if everything was ok. I don't say it very often, but I was very impressed with the customer service.

Thanks again,

Hayley.