BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Little 2d Shear Symbol object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used AC12's (save selection as) to make the Shear Symbol you see on the left of the attached image, with the 3 as static part of it, simply using it as a stamp and I fill in the length of the shear wall in the square box that is attached to the triangle has worked ok.

But now I'd like to get the static 3 to "right' itself when I turn symbol upside down or on it's side.

I tried to find script in the AC12 GDL manual, but I guess I'm blind.
Found what I think should work in Andrews excellent GDL Handbook(pg 184), but my lack of understanding of GDL has me at a loss as how to implement it.

Inside the green boxes of the attachment are what I added to try and get text to rotate, but as you see, (after several abortions of shown modifications), I'm still not getting "gdl ok".
I did change it's subtype to label.

I should add; I don't need to scale it and don't need to change the number in the triangle.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
lec

Shear Callout Symbol-3.png
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paulo
Well now I've had a chance to use the wonderful little Shear Object you made for me, and what a dream compared to my old make a copy out of my legend, paste to somewhat close where I wanted it (usually on some other page) and then rotate it, then apply text and get it to be placed right...Whew, way glad to be done with that!
Works like a charm. Thank you Thank you.

Tiny bit of news.
Engineer asked for the number in the triangle to be a bit larger. Humm I thought, don't want to bug Paulo unnecessarily again.

So, downloaded the GS gdl ref guide and went searching.
Found the explanation of what set the text height. (I in mm).
Then finally found where that was suppose to go after some trial and error watching things jump around all wrong of course for a while.
But bingo, finally got it.
I'm so proud of myself right now I cant' stand it:-)))))))))))))
Thanks for encouraging me. Now on to massive stair scripts,,,,NOT!
It's all a function of time....
Time,,, it's so relative.
Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lec,

I'm happy to know about your GDL improvements... Congrats!

Keep up the good work.
Learn and get certified!