Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Loss of library objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently using AC20 but I have used versions as far back as 10. As each new version comes out I upgrade. The result is that I have many migration libs. I opened an older building I created in AC17 which opened up but indicated some library parts were missing. All were from AC17 library. I tracked down the AC17 migration library of objects (.lcf) and extracted the objects and sure enough all of the objects that were indicated as missing were absent in the migration library. The result is that in the 3D mode these items don't show and in the 2D floor plan mode it shows "dot" shaped place holders. I am trying to figure out how can I get back those missing items and put them into either the migration lib. or the AC20 object lib. Interest in the design has been renewed and it will take a lot of work to manually place all of the missing items with newer versions of the parts. Any assistance or info on how I can obtain these older parts would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
I am no expert on this (as I don't use GS libraries) but I think if you are trying to open a 17 file and use the 20 library you have to load the 17, 18 & 19 migration libraries?
According to the reference guide my understanding is you should be prompted with a 'Migration Assistant' dialogue and will automate the process for you.

Your other alternative is to just load the original 17 library but there may be a few problems with that as some of the GDL commands have changed in 20.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11