Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Morph Visibility Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created morph, slab, and wall. The morph is under slab so it should not be visible, but it is. A morph under the other morph is also visible. I place a furniture object above the morph, it is not visible.
Does anybody know why? It should not be visible or presented with hidden line...
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Space97:

The furniture probably has a fill which will hide another element if the Display Order is correct. Slabs and Morphs can have cover fills: Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Cover Fills. The 2D plan in ArchiCAD is mostly symbolic, but the Display Order can be used to move elements "above" and "below" each other.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Also morphs have a 'Floor Plan Display' option (Projected, Projected with Overhead, etc.).
Slabs don't have this.
Because of this if your morph is set to projected with overhead and it is below the Floor Plan Cut Plan, you will see the cover fill.
If it passes through the FPCP you will see the section fill.
If it is above the FPCP you will see nothing except the outline.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
All right. Fixed! Thank you guys.

I could created overlapped stair flight thanks to Barry, but I still feel the same thing when I use revit.
I think any BIM software including Revit and AC can not be fully equipped with every option to make it possible to create every type of stairs. The other element including handrails, neither. I think success of BIM eventually depends on how much comfortable customizable environment it can offer to users.

In this respect, Live Connection give me a good direction. I am testing with Live Connection to create my own stairs. I used Morph to create treads and used columns and beam to create handrails. So far, so good. Of course, Live Connection has also bugs to be fixed. Currently, LC has serious bugs with Morph. Grasshopper connection often does not work.

The biggest reason I switched to AC from Revit is because AC offers live link between AC and Rhino & Grasshopper. Tekla also has same direction. They offer tekla grasshopper to create structure frame in Rhino & grasshopper. No import. No export.

I think BIM software companies should focus on offering this kind of customizable working environment not on being equipped with "options". For example, AC stairs offers many tread support options : vertical, horizontal, blanket...., but none of these can be used to create our office's own. On the other hand, some issue can be perfectly standardized. "Support Ending & Connection" is an good example. Point is balance. - balance between "Standardization" and "Customization."