Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Mouse Input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have made numerous GDL scripts but they have always been quite simple. Some have involved quite complex geometry and numerous parameters, but they have been simple in the sense that they have been standalone models which I just place into my design as I need them, like a car, or a tree, or a door handle.

I am looking to make a much more complex model. I am designing a building which has many catwalks and stairways, and I would like to create a parametric model of a hand rail which I can use throughout the design. Furthermore, if there is a design change in the detail of the hand rail, I would like it to update automatically throughout my model.

Is there a way that I can click on a series of points in my design with my mouse, and have these points become data points passed to my model, so that a post supporting the hand rail is automatically generated at that point, and the hand rail itself is inserted, spanning from the previous point to the new one?

I would love it if I could do this, because then I would just have to change the macro for the post or the rail to change everything.

Does this make sense? Does anyone know how to do something like this? It seems difficult because it looks like my object would somehow have to interact with the ArchiCard user interface to capture the mouse positions.

If it is possible, I would like to program the model in as open ended a way as possible so that I could reuse the core idea to make a fence generating script, or even a wall generating script simply by clicking on a number of points.

Thanks!!
Philipp
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
In this case we use a plain GDL object, through a standard add-on provided by Graphisoft.
More examples, here (For Wall, Slab and Roof)

http://www.3dsmile.it/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=138&&Itemid=73
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Roberto... For the info and the object!...

BTW... Greetings for all the ArchiRadar folks!...
I don't pass by that much (language barrier )...
But I really admire this BIM community...
Keep up the good work!