Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

New User - Window and Door Markers Won't Load!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good afternoon, everyone!
I recently added a new team member to our CAD department. We are currently using ArchiCAD16. We have loaded all previous migration libraries, but he is still having an issue with door and window markers not loading. Some of the windows just have text that says "custom" and the window size, even with all libraries loaded. I have tried every thing that I can think of, including copying and pasting from other projects.

How can I locate the missing door/window markers so that they show up?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I don't think it is a problem of missing markers not loading in your libraries.
If that was the case they would report as "missing" in the library loading report and would appear as dots in the plan.
Sounds to me like the settings of the marker themselves are wrong.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
If it was missing fills I would ask about "Renovation Filters", "Model View Options" and "Trace Reference",

Missing markers, I would ask about "Model View Options" and "Renovation Filters".

These have over rides in Archicad 16 that will Hide Window/Door Markers.

In Model View Options
look in
Document/Set Model View/ Model View Options

Options For Construction Elements
this has overrides for the markers for windows and doors
Chose a Model view option "Construction", that normally has the window/door markers showing.

In renovation Filters
look in
Document/Renovation/ Renovation Filter Options

There are options to "Hide Opening Dimension Markers"

if you just choose "06 Show All Elements" then the hide opening dimension markers is not turned on

I think this is more a "Working with Archicad" question if you don't have the the dots and/or missing library parts listed in the library manager .